Michelle
Michelle, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 10 years of exp.
70409726

How do i get sound on my ipad 2. I think i may have pushed

How do i get sound on my ipad 2. I think i may have pushed something by mistake in settings.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.

Appleologist :

There is a mute button located on the upper right side of the ipad. Switch it on

Appleologist :

Let me know if that did not work so we can continue troubleshooting

Appleologist :

I will stand by while you try that

Customer:

Which way up should i be holding the ipad the rotate button and another button are on the top left

Appleologist :

Ok. That means the mute button is acting as the rotare button. Double click on the home button which is the round button on the front bezel

Customer:

Done that

Appleologist :

All the way to the left is the mute button

Customer:

ok now what do i do

Appleologist :

Tap it

Customer:

done...a sound sign is showing

Appleologist :

Ok you are all set. Was there anything els I can assit you with today?

Customer:

i still cant get sound

Appleologist :

Oh im sorry. I thought you said it was showing. do you have music on your ipad?

Customer:

yes but cant get sound from the radio

Appleologist :

What is the name of the radio app?

Customer:

tunein radio.......cant hear movies either

Appleologist :

Ok, Does it work when you play music from itunes?

Customer:

dont have anything on i tunes

Customer:

can you go settings with me please so i can make sure i have everythig on that needs to be on

Appleologist :

Ok. Next the the volume button, do you see a box with a triangle?

Appleologist :

Sure. From the settings menu, click on sound

Customer:

yes

Appleologist :

Is the sound bar all the way up?

Customer:

done

Customer:

yes

Appleologist :

Is change with buttons turned off?

Customer:

no should it be?

Appleologist :

Yes

Customer:

done that

Appleologist :

Now click on generak

Appleologist :

general

Customer:

done

Appleologist :

Under "Use side to switch to" Choose mute

Customer:

done

Appleologist :

Ok now can toggle the mute button

Customer:

what does that mean....sorry i am a 67 year old !!

Appleologist :

Its ok. Switch the mute button on and off

Customer:

ok got you.

Appleologist :

Make sure it is not on mute.

Customer:

yes can see the differance

Appleologist :

Ok now go back to your radio application and try to play a song

Customer:

nothing...what do i touch to get it too work ?

Appleologist :

Next to the volume button, do you see a square box with a triangle icon>

Customer:

yes

Appleologist :

Is it blue>

Customer:

no white

Appleologist :

Can you tap it and make sure ipad is selected

Customer:

done

Appleologist :

When you hit play, is the time increasing?

Customer:

no

Appleologist :

So that means its not even playing. Can you tap the search field in the upper left corner. Type in anything. Do you hear typing click sounds>

Customer:

no sounds

Appleologist :

Ok. Lets try to set your ipad. Press and hold both the home button and sleep button at the same time until the apple logo appears. The sleep button is located in the upper right corner

Customer:

It says slide to power off

Appleologist :

Continue to press and hold both buttons

Customer:

Now i have nothing at all

Customer:

Got the apple now

Appleologist :

ok

Appleologist :

Let me know when it boots back up

Customer:

It has

Appleologist :

Click on safari and go to youtube.com Click on any video

Appleologist :

Let me know if you get sound

Appleologist :

Also press the volume up button located near the mute button

Customer:

Yes yes yes Yay

Appleologist :

Ok now can you do the same for your radio application?

Customer:

yes all good

Appleologist :

Great! You can now go ahead and rate my answer and end the Chat. You can also get back to me anytime you want even after rating at http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-michelleblack/.Enjoy the rest of your day :)

Michelle, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Apple Computers and Mobile support with 10 years of exp.