Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Facebook opens for a few seconds and closes - Ive re-installed

Facebook opens for a few seconds and closes - I've re-installed it and it's still doing it.
Hold the Sleep and Menu buttons together until you see the Apple Logo. Let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Nope - still closing after a few seconds

How did you reinstall it? Also go to Settings / General / About ...what is listed next to Version?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I deleted the previous installation and re-installed through the App Store. Version listed is 5.1.1 (9B206)

If you are synced through iTunes or iCloud you should upgrade to iOS 6. Settings / General / Software Update. Let me know after
Facebook is part of iOS 6:
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just clearing a few things off so I can install iOS 6.0.1...installing it now

Ok, let me know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My estimated download time is 2 thanks for all your help - I think it should resolve it!

Yes if not you can always come back. Thanks.

If you are satisfied, please kindly Accept and provide OK Rating - or Above. Thanks. If not please Reply to Expert and let me know, I am here until we can fix the problem.