Michelle
Michelle, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 10 years of exp.
70409726

i am trying to make a movie with clips from my iphone. When

Customer Question

i am trying to make a movie with clips from my iphone. When I paste them into the clip box, the videos turn sideways. How do I flip them so they are vertical?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is Michelle and I am excited to get started with you.

Appleologist :

It is much easier to rotate them in iphoto first before you import them

Customer :

It is on my desktop??

Customer :

hello

Appleologist :

Ok, drag it into iphot

Appleologist :

iphoto

Appleologist :

Are you still with me

Appleologist :

I see you are experiencing communication issues. When you get back online, simply respond to this chat and I will respond

Customer :

so it doesnt work in iphoto

Appleologist :

Did you select the movie and choose edit?

Customer :

what do you mean?

Appleologist :

The rotate button is the first option. Can you walk me through how you tried to rotate the video in iphoto

Appleologist :

Is the video in iphoto?

Customer :

yes video is in iphoto and it is vertical in iphoto but when we move it to imovie is changes to horizontal??

Appleologist :

which version of imovie are you running?

Customer :

6.0.3

Appleologist :

Ok In imovie, select the clip you will like to rotate

Customer :

and then what

Appleologist :

Click on the crop tool

Appleologist :

It is a square looking icon

Appleologist :

You will then see arrows at the top

Customer :

their is no crop icon

Appleologist :

Do you see a grey tool bar in the center of the screen?

Customer :

in iphoto?

Appleologist :

No, in imovie

Appleologist :

You can quit iphoto, we do not need it anymore

Appleologist :

The tool bar looks like this

Full Size Image

Customer :

we dont have that.

Appleologist :

Ok, Click on Edit, Paste adjustment and choose crop

Appleologist :

By the way, are you using editing imovie on your phone or on your imac?

Customer :

we have a editing button.... but there is no paste adjustment

Appleologist :

Ok I have imovie 11. Can you click on imovie and choose about imovie. What imovie are you running

Appleologist :

Click on imovie in the top menu bar and then choose about imovie

Customer :

I already said 6.0.3

Appleologist :

Im sorry i missed that. Do you see an editing button right next to chapter in the center of the screen

Customer :

forget it

Appleologist :

Im sorry. Do you wish to continue?

Appleologist :

I will issue a refund