CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience:  Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified
63903440

I have many PDF documents on my iPad. Currently, theyre accessed

I have many PDF documents on my iPad. Currently, they're accessed through the iBooks app and are in the PDF section of Collections. Is there a way to put folders of some sort here or do I need to use a different reader for the iPad?

I have a similar question for Pages on the iPad. I have 30-40 Pages documents on my iPad but don't know how to make folders for them.
Category: Mac
Expert:  CompExpert replied 2 years ago.

CompExpert :

hi,
for ibooks:

1. Tap the button a the top of the bookshelf where it likely says "Books" (though it might say "PDFs") -- this is the Collections button.

2. Tap "New" to add a new collections folder with a name of your choice.

3. Tap the "Books" collection and you'll see all of your books.

4. Tap the "Edit" button in the upper-left corner, then tap on all of the books you want to move into a collection.

5. Tap "Move" and select the collection you want to move the books into.

CompExpert :

on pages:

In Pages Document View (where you see thumbnails of each document) tap on a document and drag it over another document to create a folder. Additional documents can then be dragged into the folder. To remove a document in a folder, tap, hold then drag out of the folder.

There are limits: each folder can only hold 20 documents and you cannot nest folders or place a folder inside another folder.

CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience: Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified