CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience:  Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified

Hi! I have an airport that is hooked up to my two iMacs. One

Hi! I have an airport that is hooked up to my two iMacs. One of my iMacs has crashed - just blue screen but I have another computer and am transferring all info to a hard Drive.
How do I let other computers use my Wi Fi?
Thank you!!! (PS - a Mac Tech helped me with the Wi Fi)
Thanks again!!!
Category: Mac
Expert:  CompExpert replied 1 year ago.

CompExpert :

hi,
if you want the other mac to connect your wifi, look on the top menu bar, on the right side you will see a wifi icon ( look like an antenna) just click on it and select your wifi home network name and enter the network password XXXXX it have it.

or go to this link for picture instruction -->> http://homekb.cisco.com/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?pid=94&vw=1&articleid=15805

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask by reply in here. thank you

Customer: I don't know the password XXXXX username
CompExpert :

you mac should detect the network name and I think the is label under your airport unit for password

Customer: Ethernet ID?
CompExpert :

no the wifi network name

CompExpert :

go to one of your imacs that connected to wifi or airport.

CompExpert :

on the top menu bar, from the right side, did you see an antenna icon?

CompExpert :

click on it and it should show you what airport you connected to

Customer: Yes! Got it
CompExpert :

okay

CompExpert :

now do the samething on your new mac, click on the antenna icon, your airport network name should show up in there, just select it

Customer: How do I find or change my password?
CompExpert :

ok on the old imac that connected to your airport already

Customer: I'm on it!
CompExpert :

open finder, click on application folder ---->> utilities folder -->> open keychain access

CompExpert :

within keychain access, on top Keychain: Login the bottom, Category: passwords

CompExpert :

now find your network name

CompExpert :

double click on your network name then select "show password"

Customer: It's asking for "enter the "login" keychain password!
CompExpert :

that would be your mac osx user name password

Customer: Invalid keychain password
CompExpert :

you dont remember your username password?

Customer: Wait! I just got in!!!
CompExpert :

okay that good

CompExpert :

after the network password XXXXX put that network password XXXXX the new machine

CompExpert :

you should able to connect to your airport now on the new machine

Customer: I think I got it - one sec!!!
CompExpert :

okay

Customer: It works! Thank you!!!
CompExpert :

you're welcome

please rate my service and have a great day

Customer: Now what do I do with my computer that only opens to a blue screen?
CompExpert :

bluescreen most caused by defective hard drive or memory basically is more like a hardware problem.

CompExpert :

how does is bluescreen, does it bluescreen right away after turn on or during uses?

CompExpert :

at the bottom of the imac there is a memory cover with two screws

Customer: After turn on
CompExpert :

you can removed those screen and test your memory one by one

CompExpert :

if that still give you bluescreen then the problem might be your internal hard drive

CompExpert :

for internal hard drive you might have to bring to Apple store so they can test it and replaced it if necessary

CompExpert :

sorry I meant removed the two screws

Customer: We hooked up an external hard drive and its running off of that
CompExpert :

okay, then the problem is likely to be the internal hard drive is defective and not the memory

CompExpert :

if you are good with hand on tools, you can replaced the hard drive by yourself. just go to youtube.com and search a video about take apart for your imac

but I would recommended since you might break the lcd panel during the removal and that cost about $800

CompExpert :

would = wouldnt

Customer: Yes agreed - needs new hard drive!
CompExpert :

good time to upgrade to a 2tb hard drive

Customer: YouTube Great idea! Thank you!
CompExpert :

since hard drive are so cheap now, 2tb cost about $115

Customer: I think Mac owes us a free one!
CompExpert :

:) thats good

Customer: Thank you so much for your help!!!
CompExpert :

you're welcome

please rate my service, thank you again

CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience: Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified