CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience:  Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified

I recently purchased and MacBookAir it, but it appears

I recently purchased and MacBookAir it, but it appears that parental controls are on...As I do not have children in my household this is not a service I want to have.....So would like to disable parental do I do that?

CompExpert :

to disable parental controls, please go to system preferences --->> users and group ( account) select your username, make sure the lock icon is unlock, then uncheck enable parental controls to disable it.

but remember if you have parental control enable that mean your current username account is not an administrator account. you might need your computer administrator password XXXXX unlock the lock key icon.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask by reply. thank you