John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry

My wife just got a new I Pad II and to get started she has

My wife just got a new I Pad II and to get started she has really got the system messed up.
Her id is donsrouter, but she has added so many different passwords I do not know how to get in. Is there a way to delete all and start over?
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Don't forget the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating my service only and not this website itself or your issue.

Is this the Apple ID you are having a problem with? .. or the passcode for the iPad itself?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm trying to get into the I Pad and it asks for a password XXXXX I've tried several that my wife has entered and nothing has worked so far. Keep telling me to establish a new pass word!

Okay, but there are several areas where a password XXXXX be used on the device.

Is this the iPad "Passcode" (it will say this word on the screen) or is it asking for a password XXXXX a particular Apple ID?

The passcode screen looks similar to this:

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It says to finish upI cloud, I message and Facetime enter the apple id passwordfor donald.ellison @ I do not know what I cloud is?

Okay, this is just your Apple ID password.

You should be able to reset your password XXXXX the site, from your computer:

The ID itself should be the email address you listed.

Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site: (Click "Manage Your Apple ID")

It should then work on the iPad.

If still having trouble entering this password XXXXX the iPad, you can try a reset:
Press and hold your Sleep/Wake button (on the top) and Home button (on the front) together for around 10 seconds.

When your screen goes black, release both buttons.

The next thing you should see are the Apple logo followed by the home screen or setup assistant.

Hopefully, this info will answer your question and if so please don't forget to rate my service . If you continue to have questions on this topic, do not rate yet, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further.

Thanks and good luck,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

am going to try your suggestion to reset the system - Where is the home button on the front? Is that the square white image on the bottom?

Yes, it's the physical button just below the display.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

tried the home button and the sleep and i did go back to the apple but the "your i pad was updated sucessfully. there are just a few more steps to follow and them were done. Brings me back to I cloud

Okay, Donald... and did you reset and check your password XXXXX the Apple ID?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Going to the Apple store for more guidance

Okay, hopefully they can get you straightened out because you will need a working Apple ID and password XXXXX use the iPad properly.