Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

My outlook calendar no longer appears on my iPad, and reason

My outlook calendar no longer appears on my iPad, and reason only some of my contacts appear. As of yesterday afternoon, all of that information was available on the device. I have tried synching with my PC several times, and have tried clicking on calendars under "replace information on my iPad". Nothing works (the calendar and contacts appear on the PC with no problem). I have checked "show all calendars" on my iPad to no avail. How can I fix this problem?

Claudia Isaac
Hello Claudia,

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

First of all, let's check whether the ipad is just frozen.

Press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo.

Let's see whether your calendar reappear. If not, let me know and we will continue with our next steps.

Thank You
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I followed the above instructions but the calendar did not appear.

Let's now have a sync with the computer.

Open itunes in the computer and connect the ipad. Click on the ipad name listed to the left side of the itunes, below "devices".

Now click on the "info" tab to the center of the screen.

Uncheck the options "sync calendars" and "sync contacts" and click on apply/sync at the bottom.

Once the sync is complete, check them again and click on apply/sync.

Let's see whether this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Unfortunately, this hasn't worked either.

Have you tried it just now? If you haven't, try it just one more time.

If you have, just disconnect and reconnect the ipad. Sometimes the sync happen only during the second time sync.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I tried unclicking contacts & calendars; synching; reclicking contacts & calendars; and synching again one more time. No success. I disconnected and reconnected the iPad and tried synching again. No success.

The only thing we can try next is a restore.

Go to the summary tab in itunes (to the left of the info tab) and click on restore.

Once it is restored, check whether you can sync the contacts and calendars.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My iPad is still restoring apps and I have to go to a meeting. I will reconnect once the restore has completed and I can see whether calendar and contacts will synch (later this afternoon).

Thank you,

no problem...take your time...:)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My computer seems to be stuck in a loop. I just got back from my meeting, and the message "waiting for items to copy" is still running in iTunes. I tried a couple of my iPad apps and they are working, but still no calendar, limited contacts, and I now realize I don't have notes anymore either.

I'm wondering if this could be a problem with how my PC files are synching with iCloud. When I click on iCloud from Outlook on my PC, there's nothing there, even though iPad thinks that my calendars... are synching via iCloud.

I wondering if it makes sense to hit restore again, and this time, instead of restoring from backup, I'm going to try to reconfigure the iPad as though new. I am hoping (!) that I'll be able to transfer everything from my PC (music, books... as well as information) to the newly configured iPad.

Let me know what you think of this idea, or whether you have another recommendation.

Let's sign in to the following website using your icloud username and password.

Check whether your calendars, contacts etc are in there.

If not, then I would suggest you to restore your ipad again and this time, set it up as new.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Unfortunately, things have gone from bad to worse. I restored the iPad, attempted to set it up as new. Still no notes, calendar, and only a few contacts.

So I tried re-synching it checking calendar, notes, and contacts under the "advanced" section in info.

Still no luck. I admit to be completely at a loss!

sorry to hear that, Claudia....:(

Have you checked your icloud account by going to

are you items in there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I figured it out! I couldn't figure out how to let you know before getting your response. It seems that somehow I created a separate outlook.pst folder that neither iCloud nor iTunes could recognize! So that outlook data file was visible on my PC, but not on either or the iPad. I have copied all of the notes and contacts from that outlook.pst to the one that iTunes can see, and added an additional calendar to that data file. It means that I have a lot of duplication taking up data space, but at least I can sync files.

Thanks for your help! You helped me eliminate possibilities until I could find out what happened.

Great to know that you were able to now sync the files....:)

Have a wonderful day!!!
If you have no more questions, I would appreciate if you can rate my service....
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

thank you for the smileys...:)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I keep getting requests for a response, and I assume that the smiley's were not sufficient to ensure your compensation. Let me know how I can rate your performance and close out this inquiry.

Hello Claudia,

You have already done the rating. If you reply to me, I have to respond to it or opt out. Otherwise I will not be able to answer other questions.

That is the reason I am responding to your replies. No need to reply hereafter...

Have a good day