Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

How do I reset the clock on my IPad 2? Im not sure what happened

Customer Question

How do I reset the clock on my IPad 2? I'm not sure what happened last night but
My IPad and electric clocks lost 2 1/2 hours
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 1 year ago.

Ipod Specialist :

Hi

Ipod Specialist :

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Ipod Specialist :

So your clock and the ipad clock has a difference of 2 1/2 hours, correct?

Ipod Specialist :

I believe you might have accidentally changed the time zone on the ipad.

Customer: Yes, 2 1/2 hours.
Ipod Specialist :

Let's first go to settings > general > date and time and make sure time zone listed there is correct. If not, change it.

Ipod Specialist :

Let's first go to settings > general > date and time and make sure time zone listed there is correct. If not, change it. Let me know whether that helps

Ipod Specialist :

you there? Are you having any difficulty viewing the chat?

Ipod Specialist :

I am changing our conversation to Q &A so that you an chat with me in offline mode.

Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience: worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Hi Renata,

Did changing the time zone resolve your issue? If not, please let me know by clicking on "Reply to your expert".

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I just went to Settings and reset the clock.
It happened during Hurricane Sandy so that must explain the
Change in time. it was not that the time zone had been changed.
Next question: how can I retrieve messages in my inbox that are
More than a few days old?

What inbox do you mean? Your mail inbox or the inbox in your messages app?

Vinod
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am referring to my email inbox on my IPad 2. I'm not aware that I
have a message app.
Thank you.

When you open the mail inbox, and scroll down to the very bottom, you will find a button called "load more messages".

Do you have that? This will load the old messages.

Let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
You are welcome...:)