Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

my ipad is disabled its sayes to connect to itunes but itune

my ipad is disabled its sayes to connect to itunes but itune wont let me connect with out the passcode before i can connect. please help
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

Since it is disabled, you have to restore your iPad from iTunes on your computer. You must restore it by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode. DFU Mode is a mode which will allow you to restore your iPad to working condition. Put your iPad to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode and restore it from iTunes. Follow the steps below to put your iPad to DFU Mode;

• Connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.
  • Open iTunes application on your computer
  • On your iPad Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.
  • After exactly 8 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  • Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPad will remain blank. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode, so keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode.

Let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until we solve the problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I left it over night to restore as it said 8 hours this morning it still is locked so i have started again now 6 hours to go ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You need an faster internet connection to download the iOS file. Goto www.speedtest.net and run the tests and let me know your Upload and Download Speed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Did you got mylast resposne ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Download 3.65mb/s Upload 0.31 mb/s Ping 48ms

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Which iPad is this ? iPad 1, 2 or 3 ?

3G or WiFi ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i bought it for my wife last christmas if that helps as i dont know which model except it was 64g version the top model at the time.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
What is it's model number ? Look at the back side (in bottom) and you can find the model number
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

all i can see is ipad 64GB

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You can find the Model on the back of the iPad's case. It should be like A1395, A1396 etc. Please check it again.

See this article too : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5452
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok it is A1396 that is small writing.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. It is iPad 2 GSM (3G + WiFi model) Now, we can manually update your iPad. So first, download the iOS firmware for your iPad from here : http://appldnld.apple.com/iOS6/041-7945.20121101.Ofr42/iPad2,2_6.0.1_10A523_Restore.ipsw

Let me know once you did that, so we can move to next step
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

that file is saying 10hours to download so maybe a while

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You have a good download speed, but you are not getting it on your computer. For your connection, it is supposed to take only 1 hour or less to download it. Can you download that file from different computer or network if possible ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry no

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Are you using a Mac or PC ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

using a pc

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Download and install this Download Accelerator application from here : http://www.orbitdownloader.com/

Copy the this link ---> http://appldnld.apple.com/iOS6/041-7945.20121101.Ofr42/iPad2,2_6.0.1_10A523_Restore.ipsw

Then open Orbit Downloader, click New button and paste the link you copied above and hit Downoad button. The download will start. Orbit Downloader will accelerate your download speed, also allow you to Pause/Resume downloads. So even if your connection interrupted or lost power, you can resume the download
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you it has two hours to finish download chat later.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Ok..Let me know.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Just checking, how is it going ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it has now downloaded

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Now open iTunes and put your iPad to DFU Mode. Then in iTunes, hold down Shift key on your Keyboard and click Restore button. This will ask you to select the Firmware file. Select the downloaded file and click Click/Restore
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

firmware file is not there ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Check C:\Downloads folder
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

found it now itunes is restoring the software on this ipad.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Great ! Now, let it complete...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you for your patience and help it has restored. I will leave good feedback.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
If you like my service, please rate me as Excellent Service. Thank You

Best Regards,
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc