CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience:  Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified
63903440

Wheni try to get on fb thru safari on my iphone 3 it logs in

Wheni try to get on fb thru safari on my iphone 3 it logs in but then blinks off. I can get on the internet but not fb. i cant download fb app because iphone 3 does not support ios 4.3 so safari is the only way i know how t go.
Category: Mac
Expert:  CompExpert replied 1 year ago.

CompExpert :

hi,
if you have ios 4.3, do into app store and download chrome browser then used it to go to facebook.

let me know if that doesn't work by reply in here. thank you

Customer: When I tried to download fb app on my iPhone 3 it said I needed iOS 4.3 which I think I have 4.1. I did some research and it seems you can't do the upgrade on this phone. A friend suggested I search facely hd by g-whizz! Apps. I am also tech challenged lol so alot of this is blah blah blah
CompExpert :

do you have the iphone 3 and not iphone 3gs correct?

Customer: Well maybe I'm not sure how can I tell the diff
CompExpert :

give me the serial number of the iphone, you can got it by go to settings --->> general -->> about

CompExpert :

got = get

CompExpert :

also, does your iphone have the GB number in the back, like 32gb, 16gb, 8GB??

Customer: 88040t3bedg
CompExpert :

also, when you open camera app, the 3gs model have a slider for you to switch from camera to camcorder

CompExpert :

lucky for you, your iphone is a 3gs

Customer: I do have a slider on my camera so yes must be a 3GS lucky huh?
CompExpert :

meaning you can upgrade to ios 6

Customer: In simple terms how?
CompExpert :

all you need to do is, update your itunes software to the latest version by go to link below, then plugged your iphone into the usb port, select your iphone name within itunes software, click the summary tab then click update

http://www.apple.com/itunes/

CompExpert :

after update done, now you have latest ios 6 which will let you download any app you want from app store including facebook app

CompExpert :

update should take about 30-1hour itunes needs to download ios 6 file which is about 880MB before doing the update itself

Customer: I'm on the link but don't c where to go next. I clicked on the iTunes tab and iPhone tab and the iOS tab but can't c where to go next.
CompExpert :

the link will let you download itunes software and install on your computer

CompExpert :

after done download and install on your computer, open itunes software then plugged your iphone into the computer.

now itunes software will recognized your iphone, just select your iphone name then click on the summary tab then click update

Customer: Ok we r trying that now!
CompExpert :

sure, take your time.

CompExpert :

remember you iphone 3 since is only at version 4.1 (old version) after update to version ios 6.0 some of your app or data might be deleted or removed because of compatible issue

Customer: I'm still here! It's downloading I'll let u know when done!
CompExpert :

okay, I'll be on standby. just go ahead and reply in here if you running into problem. thanks

Customer: Ok looks like I'm done! And I downloaded the fb app so I'm good I think lol! Thanks you are awesome
CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience: Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified