Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

When I try to print, I get the error message "unable to connect,

When I try to print, I get the error message "unable to connect, will retry in 30 seconds"
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 2 years ago.
Hello there! Please go to the apple icon then to settings and finally to printers. Right click your existing printer and select reset printing service. Then readd your printer. This should fix your issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I followed your steps but got the same error message - the only difference is it now says will try again in 10 seconds instead of 30

Whats the model number of your printer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HP photosmart c309a series [8144B2]. BTW, the exact new error message is a little different from the one before. It is: Network host [#] is busy, will try to reconnect in 30

Can you reset the printer and your imac while i look for the driver/solution to your issue. Let me know if it works after resetting .

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

reset meaning reboot and shut down? If yes, how do I get back to you?

Yes reboot both the printer and your mac. You can get back to me by logging in to justanswer.com.

Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: 6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support