Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support

My photos in picasa have a very high resolution , then when

My photos in picasa have a very high resolution , then when I email them to someone the file is very small.
How can I change this?
I am also wondering if there is a way to add more space to my picasa file--I am to the point where I have to delete old photos before I can add new ones
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 1 year ago.

Hello there! Your mac comes with a free email account called icloud. That service has a limit of 80mbs for sending files. If you sign up below for it you can send your self a email and see if it shrinks the picture.

www.icloud.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't want to add something new---isn't there a way to fix and keep using what I have?

There are a couple of things we can do. either change the resolution of the photo or get around the size limit that most free email providers have. That way is compressing the file down using Winzip or Winrar. What compressing does is make the file smaller without changing the orignal files resolution size etc. below is the link to download winzip. make sure to get the free version.

http://www.winzip.com/downwz.htm

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am not comfortable doing this this way--- I would rather talk to a person. Is that possible? If not I will wait until I can get a hold of my local computer person---and I do not want to be charged the $53.00

i understand I am just giving you options. Try this steps this should solve it

From Picasa, Click Tools > Options.

email options in picasa

Step 2

Click the Email tab.

email high resolution photos from picasa for printing

Step 3

Under the setting for "Size for single picture," select Original size.

change email file size limitations in gmail

As you may have gathered, this only affects Picasa photos you send one at a time. If you want to send multiple high res photos, you can drag the slider for "Size for multiple pictures" up to 1600 pixels, but this obviously still isn't full res.

change email options in picasa

Click OK when you're done.

Step 4

Now, when you select a single photo in Picasa and use the Email button, you'll send a full resolution photo, suitable for printing and ready to inflate your data usage for the month!

emailing high res photos in picasa

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you I should be able to figure this out

can you answer my second question about if more space can be added to my picasa file, so I can add more pictures without deleting the ones in there now?

You can add more space but you will have to pay for it. Here is the link to the storage plans and pricing.

http://support.google.com/picasa/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=39567

• 25 GB - $2.49
  • 100 GB - $4.99
  • 200 GB - $9.99
  • 400 GB - $19.99
  • 1 TB - $49.99
  • 2 TB - $99.99
  • 4 TB - $199.99
  • 8 TB - $399.99
  • 16 TB - $799.99
  • Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you I will check into buying more space

how many high resolution photos will 200GB hold?

Well the average high resolution photos are about 1.1mbs so about 181 photos give or take.
    Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK thank you for all your help

No problem thank you for using just answer! Please remember to rate this reply. :)
    Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
    Experience: 6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support