Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support

RA - amm

Customer Question

Good morning
I have an iPad 1 iPad 2 and an iPhone5
I am having problems sending messages on my iPad 2 while on wifi
This just started later. I can send a message on my phone but the past couple nights my messages send by wifi on my iPad 2 show sending then in about a minute comes back as message failed, I tried again and again and no luck. I turned the wifi off and on and still no luck, at the same time my phone is hooked to wifi and can sent the message.
Can you please help. My software is IOS 6
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Do you mean text messages or email? Can you browse the web on the iPad 2?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Emails are coming through no problem just messages
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hold the Sleep and Home buttons together until you see the Apple Logo. Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where Re those buttons.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same thing
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Go to Settings / General scroll down to Reset then Reset Network Settings and connect to your WiFi again.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
You realize that the iPhone can send text messages to ANY phone the iPad can only send to iPhones, iPads, iPod Touch or a Mac, correct? Are you trying to send to another device?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Daaa. Yes I realize that I use the iPad to send messages to my family who also move an iPad aNd iPhone.
I have been sending messages the past year and no problem this just started the past few nights.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
OK just checking. Reset had no effect?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Go to Settings / Messages turn iMessage Off. Then try to send a message it will ask you to sign in again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I get back to you later as I really have to get to work. Possible tomorrow morning.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
No problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ian back for an hour have tried everything you told me and I was able send message and now I am am not again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just waiting for a reply as the message is now not working.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay that is very strange. Who is your internet provider?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hay communications. I have no problem with my iPhone sending messages through wifi, I have no problem with my husbands iPad 1 but this iPad two is weird, This just started ending the past week. Never had a problem before that. Weird.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok I suggest you try doing a Restore in iTunes:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you need help with that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I do a restore In iTunes Please
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
I gave you the link to the directions do you need me to simplify?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I have done everything you told me so far and my message is still not working. Any more suggestions.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
So you did a Restore? You are at iOS6? If you go to Settings / Messages, iMessage is ON? Send and Receive has the correct iCloud account listed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct.
I get my emails no problem, I can get into Facebook. I am on wifi, I have problems only with the message. It shows it is sending and takes a while then message failed. I have no problem with my iPhone. Both on wifi.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Go to Settings / WiFi select the arrow next to your network under DHCP write down all the numbers, then change it to Static and put all the numbers in except under DNS put 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What would this do as I have no problem with the iPhone or other iPad. Just this one.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Make it work hopefully. You can always change it back to DHCP, can you try it please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done and same thing. Anything next
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
No I am out of ideas sorry. I'll opt out. Good luck
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But why did I pay 58$ and no result.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
It is open to other experts.... I am not paid. You can get a refund if your problem is not solved but I don't know the details of your account.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So another expert should get back to me.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
I can't guarantee that but it is now open so they see it, I opted out. Good luck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gs k you mike. Hopefully someone else tries to solve this weird problem.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Yes I'll be watching I want to know too.
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you right away with your Mac issue, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Lindie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to get an answer but only have two days to find an answer as I leave for Florida so if this can be looked after that would be great otherwise I will have to ask for a refund and wait till next year when I get back to get this looked after.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Yes if we can get this resolved in two days as I leave for Florida for five months and if this cannot be resolved in the next two days I will request a refund and start again whe I get back, Thank you again
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Lindie
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 1 year ago.

Hello there! The next step we will have to do is restore your profile from a earlier time. Follow the steps below and you will be asked to select a profile to restore from. Each profile has a date and time. Select the restore point closest to before the problem started.

Right-click (or Control-click) the device and choose Restore from Backup

Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: 6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
Were you able to get your issue resolved? If so please rate my answer. If not please post back here so we can solve the issue. Thanks :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry we just got our power back due to the storm sandy. Yes done the profile update and and same result.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I was waiting and waiting as I did a reply and said that I did the profile update and still nothing.