Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  OSX certified, many years experience supporting Apple Hardware & Software

Get a lot of error messages relating to synchronization problems

Customer Question

Get a lot of error messages relating to synchronization problems using Outlook 14.2.4

eg Could not synchronize record - error code -19847
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jesse replied 1 year ago.

Jesse :

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help.

Jesse :

You'll want to start by rebuilding your database, which you can do following the instructions here. This won't erase any of your data, but it will likely solve the problem

Customer:

Ok I did the rebuild and still have the same messages. I don't have a second identity. Also I noyed in the instructions you sent me that none of the items on the summary page were the problems I am having. I don'y seen to be having a sink issue between devises - just the message comes up on my Outlook (mac) app.

Jesse :

Okay, that's the first thing to try whenever there are issues with Outlook, as it fixes a number of issues, some listed on the page and some not.

Jesse :

Since that didn't fix it, there's likely something deeper going on. What all are you syncing with Outlook (e.g. Calendars, Contacts, etc), and what kind of account is it?

Customer:

Everything I have in Outlook - with th office server...not sure what account it is - what are the options?

Jesse : What is the last part of tour email address?
Customer: XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Jesse :

if you could just give me the last part, that would be great, the full email address is blocked for security reasons.

Customer:

@bioprocessalgae.com

Jesse :

Okay, is this your companies website?

Customer: Yes
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 1 year ago.
Hello there! Can you list all the error codes you are getting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Vast majority 19847, and a couple 19846

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Whats happening here? I see it says closed but the issue is still there. I responded to your questions re error codes (but don't see it above) her's a copy:

You replied

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 12:06 PMEST

Vast majority 19847, and a couple 19846

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No satisfaction recommendations:

"2. Or, you may tell the Expert you would simply like to work with a new Expert. In that case, the Expert helping you can make your question available to other Experts."

Please can you refer if you are unable to give me a satisfactory solution quickly. This is taking way too long?

Tony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Despite follow up I have received no responses - see my file
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Lindie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Am not in a desperate hurry, but getting no satisfaction from Jesse. Has a great experience with one of your experts for my last (and first) call for help.

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Lindie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I just noticed I have already been charged $58.00 for answering this question on 10/24 - how is this possible?

Expert:  Steve Herrod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'll be happy to help with this issue - when you receive the synchronization error message does it indicate any particular record that has failed such as a calendar item for example?

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Message relates to e-mails I think; eg

11/21/12 3.10 pm Could not synchronize record: Finance discussion to Exchange server: Bioprocess-algae

Thanks - have just been reading though the history of this issue with the other experts.

One thing I wanted to check - was a new Outlook identity created at all to resynchronize the e-mails etc?

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did a data base complete rebuild - see:

Jesse :

<div class="JA_chatAskerMessage"Customer:

Thanks - so the database was rebuilty but not a new Outlook identity created?

That should resolve the issue, or at least point in the right direction. Can you follow these Microsoft steps (we'll keep the original identity so nothing is lost)?

1. Quit all applications.
  2. Hold down the Option key on the keyboard, and then click the Outlook icon in the dock. The Microsoft Database Utility will open.
  3. Click the plus [+] sign to add a new identity, and then type a name for the new identity. For example, type New identity
  4. Set the newly create identity as the default. To do this, select the newly created identity, click the Action button, and then select Set as Default.
  5. Quit the Microsoft Database Utility, and then restart Outlook and see whether the problem is resolved.

When Outlook starts up it will prompt you to enter the e-mail details in again so you will need to have these details available.

Let me know how that goes....

Cheers

Steve

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did all that and opened it - no request for e-mail details etc. None of my files can be seen at this point.

Ok - in this new Identity, can you go to the Tools-->Accounts menu in Outlook and add your mail account there?

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK everything seems to have come back. Currently downloading will check everything and get back shortly.

Ok - no problem, let me know how it goes

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

All seems resolved - many thanks - you clearly know what you are doing versus the first expert assigned. Took you 4 questions and we are done....appreciate it. One related question where should I file main identity folder that seems to be on my desk top?

Thanks again.

No problem!

The Identity folder should just be a copy of the old profile which had the issues. I would take a copy of it and store wherever is convenient.

Let me know if you need anything at all, and if I have helped please rate the answer so we know how we're doing.

Cheers

Steve
Steve Herrod, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: OSX certified, many years experience supporting Apple Hardware & Software