Daniel, Mac Specialist
Experience:  10 Years hands on computer training
64443469

Hi I cannot install the latest version of Itunes as it searches

Hi I cannot install the latest version of Itunes as it searches for location of itunes64.mis. I cannot find this file or location for this file. How do I solve this problem?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for choosing Justanswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Can you tell me what operating system you are using?

Let me know.

Thank You, Dan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am using Windows 7 on 64bit machine

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Did you have the previous version of itunes on your computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes,

When I allow it to install updates. It seems to be working OK (i.e) it downloads but when it is installing it looks for file iTunes 64.mis

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Okay here is what you need to do:

Step 1:Download the Windows Installer CleanUp utility installer file (msicuu2.exe). CLICK HERE to download

Step 2: Doubleclick the msicuu2.exe file and follow the prompts to install the Windows Installer CleanUp utility. (If you're on a Windows Vista or Windows 7 system and you get a Code 800A0046 error message when doubleclicking the msicuu2.exe file, try instead right-clicking on the msicuu2.exe file and selecting "Run as administrator".)

Step 3: In your Start menu click All Programs and then click Windows Install Clean Up. The Windows Installer CleanUp utility window appears, listing software that is currently installed on your computer.

Step 4: In the list of programs that appears in CleanUp, select all iTunes entries and click "Remove", as per the following screenshot:graphic

Step 5: Quit out of CleanUp, restart the PC and try another iTunes install.

Please let me know if you have more questions for me by Replying , I want to thank you for being my customer please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating for my time and information it is the only way I am compensated by justanswer.com and as always a bonus is optional.

Thank You, Dan
Daniel, Mac Specialist
Experience: 10 Years hands on computer training