Daniel, Mac Specialist
Experience:  10 Years hands on computer training

Hi I cannot install the latest version of Itunes as it searches

Hi I cannot install the latest version of Itunes as it searches for location of itunes64.mis. I cannot find this file or location for this file. How do I solve this problem?
Thanks for choosing Justanswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Can you tell me what operating system you are using?

Let me know.

Thank You, Dan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am using Windows 7 on 64bit machine

Did you have the previous version of itunes on your computer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

When I allow it to install updates. It seems to be working OK (i.e) it downloads but when it is installing it looks for file iTunes 64.mis

Okay here is what you need to do:

Step 1:Download the Windows Installer CleanUp utility installer file (msicuu2.exe). CLICK HERE to download

Step 2: Doubleclick the msicuu2.exe file and follow the prompts to install the Windows Installer CleanUp utility. (If you're on a Windows Vista or Windows 7 system and you get a Code 800A0046 error message when doubleclicking the msicuu2.exe file, try instead right-clicking on the msicuu2.exe file and selecting "Run as administrator".)

Step 3: In your Start menu click All Programs and then click Windows Install Clean Up. The Windows Installer CleanUp utility window appears, listing software that is currently installed on your computer.

Step 4: In the list of programs that appears in CleanUp, select all iTunes entries and click "Remove", as per the following screenshot:graphic

Step 5: Quit out of CleanUp, restart the PC and try another iTunes install.

Please let me know if you have more questions for me by Replying , I want to thank you for being my customer please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating for my time and information it is the only way I am compensated by and as always a bonus is optional.

Thank You, Dan