Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

How can i recover deleted whatsapp chats on my iPhone 4s

WhatsApp does not store your WhatsApp conversation history in their system. However, in the case that you have an iPhone, you may be able to recover your deleted messages.

Apple does provide a process that allows you to retrieve deleted data. If you synced your iPhone to iTunes or iCloud, you may be able to retrieve your information. This article explains the process.

To prevent losing your chats, you can email yourself the chat history if you would like to save a conversation:

• Load WhatsApp
  • Go to Settings
  • Scroll to the bottom and select "Email Chat History"
  • From the "Chat History" screen, select the conversation you would like to save.
  • Select if you want to "Attach Media" or email the conversation "Without Media".
  • Enter your email address and hit send!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

HI MIKE, SORRY IT TOOK ME A WHILE TO GET BACK TO YOU. I WAS ON A TRIP. SO YOUR SUGGESTION IS TO DO A BACK UP AND RESTORE ON MY IPHONE RIGHT? IVE NEVER DONE THAT.

SO I WOULD BACK UP MY IPHONE ON ITUNES AND THEN ERASE ALL CONTENT AND SETTINGS ON THE PHONE, AND THEN RELOAD THE PHONE FROM THE BACKUP? IS THAT HOW IT WORKS?

Only if you had already done that in the past... it wil not recover anything that you don't have on the phone now if you haven't backed up or synced previously. It will only backup what is presently on the phone.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I HAVE HEARD THAT SOMETIMES ONE CAN DELETE THINGS FROM THE IPHONE BUT ITS NOT A HARD DELETE, THAT THERE MIGHT BE A WAY TO RETRIEVE DELETED INFO. THAT IF YOU RESET YOUR PHONE THEN THINGS ARE PERMANENTLY DELETED. DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS?

ALSO ISNT THERE SOME KIND OF SOFTWARE TO RETRIEVE DELETED INFO FROM PHONES?

They have programs to recover SMS but may not work with WhatsApp:

http://www.wondershare.com/disk-utility/iphone-sms-recovery.html