iteachmac
iteachmac, The Duke!
Experience:  Mac help ,music midi expert, logic pro recording ,electrical installation ,ilife & all mac computing
28671728

I created 2 video projects in FCP, exported them to compressor,

I created 2 video projects in FCP, exported them to compressor, compressed them to .m2v & .ac3 files so they would fit on a DVD. Then built a menu in DVDSP, burnt it, and it doesn't play on anything besides my own Macbook(leopard OSX10.5.8). What DVD menu & burning software (preferrably free) can I use that will playback on all DVD players and computers? I have Sony DVD-R discs to burn with.

ITTechChris :

Hi and welcome to Just Answer and Pearl, the #1 ranked Third Party Q & A site in the world.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Professional Technician in Computer's and Electronic's.

Please use the Reply option as much as needed until we get you resolved.

* PROMPTED: Please remember to leave only a Positive Rating on My answer(s) when you are satisfied with my help.

ITTechChris :

Do you know the model number of the DVD player in your computer?

ITTechChris :

Please use the reply box to reply back to me and I will get back to you shortly.

Customer:

Mac - DVD Player App Version 5.1.1 Framework Version 5.1.0

ITTechChris :

I apologize, this is in the wrong cat. I will transfer this question to Mac for you.

Thank you.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you right away with your Mac issue, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Lindie
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I would like you to conitinue to find an expert that can help answer my question sufficiently. Thank you

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Welcome ,I will give a full and clear answer to your question, please make sure to reply to any questions I have. They may be essential to my reply.

Heres the low down .

Most home dvd players prefer DVD+R generally.
Also many home DVD players are simply not capable of playing burnt disks especially older models.

On top of this some home dvd players might not like a brand of DVDs so please try another brand keeping in mind +R.

DVD-RW or DVD+RW "read write" are even less likely to play on home DVD players.

The AUDIO_TS folder is needed also for some players , normally included in creation of a DVD using Toast or iDVD.

iDVD can burn a DVD that will play in a home DVD player with the above rules.

I hope this helps , please try DVD+R and or a different brand such as TDK
and let me know if this helps.

Note:
Roxio toast can also make and produce DVDs with menus or burn Video_TS folders to DVD , You can export / save as VIDEO_TS folders using iDVD also.

A VIDEO_TS folder would normally be burnt using UDF format .
UDF v1.02

http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/toast/titanium/overview.html

Thanks.

Paul.

iteachmac, The Duke!
Experience: Mac help ,music midi expert, logic pro recording ,electrical installation ,ilife & all mac computing
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can you tell me what are the correct preferences and settings in DVD Studio Pro to burn a DVD that works on universal players? The DVD's I've made don't have an audio ts folder. The files on the disc are:

HVDVD_TS > BUP/IFO/EVO files.

I need to know how to convert the files already on a disc AND know how to compress & build it right from the start.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Please answer my question!

Hi ,

Reason not playing . Your burning HVDVD etc .
Wont play in Standard Definition DVD players.

Youd need a SD project for SD DVD to be default.

More info.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtVr3YJvK24

So choose Red laser , would be the choice for SD DVD burns.
Use Single layer or dual depending on your DVD medias physical type.

Does this help.

Thanks.