Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience:  4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.

My iPad keeps shutting down while changing screens

Customer Question

My iPad keeps turning off. This particullarly happens when it changes screens or I try to view a video but sme times just randomly.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.

When you say it turns off does the screen turn off or the does the iPad shut down completely? Do you have to wait 1-2 minutes for the iPad to start back up and reach the home screen?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It turns off the program. I have to turn the on button but I don't have to wait. The apps open right away. I was just on Facebook and it turned off when I was just scrolling down. I have to sign in again. I was on Netflix and it now turns off when I make a new selection and was then turning off when I made any selection.
Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.
It appears to be a glitch with the software.

Please try a power reset of the iPad. Press and hold the home button and top button both down together at the same time.

Continue to hold both buttons until the iPhone shuts off and the Apple logo appears. Once it does let go of the buttons. Then wait 1-2 minutes for the iPad to reach the home screen.

Test out the issue and let me know the outcome.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What do you mean home button and top button?
Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.
Here is a picture describing the buttons on the iPad.

The home button is at the front bottom of the iPad. The top button is the sleep/wake button. Hold both together at the same time continue to hold until the iPad shuts off and the Apple logo appears. Once the logo appears let go and wait 1-2 minutes for the iPad to reach home screen and test out the issue.