iteachmac
iteachmac, The Duke!
Experience:  Mac help ,music midi expert, logic pro recording ,electrical installation ,ilife & all mac computing
28671728

My Mac is not recognising my Kindle Fire

iteachmac :

Welcome ,I will give a full and clear answer to your question, please make sure to reply to any questions I have. They may be essential to my reply.

iteachmac :

Please try :

iteachmac :

Connect via Micro USB. Unlock the Kindle Fire slide arrow across the screen. You should then see a picture of a USB cord "you may now transfer files to your Kindle" etc. Then on the Mac using the Finder, click Finder from the dock to open a Finder window , in the left hand list the Kindle should show up as an "SDcard" name and you can drag files to it like you would a USB memory stick or click to open the SDcard folder to view.

iteachmac :

does this help?

iteachmac :

Thanks.

iteachmac :

Paul

Customer:

Hi Paul,

when i connect the USB cable, I do not get any message on the Kindle screen, nor do i see the kindle in the Finder Window. I installed an android file transfer, but when i transfer a file to this, i cannot locate it on my kindle anywhere?

thank you

Customer:

Apologies, meant to add that when i do connect the USB cable, i get the message "some computers require a free file-transfer utility to copy files between the computer and your kindle. if you need this utlity, please open your computers browser etc.....hence why i installed the android file transfer.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi

as mentioned in my earlier response, i had already downloaded the file transfer app. When i move a video clip to the file transfer app, I cannot locate the file on my kindle.