Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  10+ years in hardware/software experience

my Iphone 3 has always updated with new emails, but suddenly

my Iphone 3 has always updated with new emails, but suddenly stopped today. Yet there nare emails as I checked on my PC what canI do to resurrect my service please
Thank you for the question. Can you please tell me what kind of email you have? For example, Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, Hotmail, etc..?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

In that case, the easiest thing to do would be to just delete the email and re-add it. AOL is simple to re-add. Please do the following:

1) Go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars
2) Tap your AOL account
3) Scroll down and select "Delete Account"
4) Go back to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars and select "Add Account"
5) Select AOL
6) Enter your Name, email, password, and a short description of the account
7) Tap Next to confirm the account

Please let me know what you find once the account has been re-added. Thanks again,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It is saying the IMAP server is not responding check your network connection and that you entered the correct information in the incoming mail server field

Can you confirm whether you have an internet connection currently? If you are not able to get out to the internet you wont be able to validate the email settings with AOL's mail server. For example, can you open Safari on your iPhone and get to
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes I have an internet connection - how else can I email you?? No cant open safari everytime I go to safari it takes me to my BT account (British Telecom) they provide my wifi. All 3 laptops are connected to WiFI but not my Iphone. Is this relevant? I do not need to be at home to access email.

Yes, I meant confirm your phone has an internet connection. If your iPhone can't get to Safari and routes you to your BT page, then your phone can't get out to the internet to check your mail. You'll need to provide the Wi-Fi credentials first, or turn off the Wi-Fi so your iPhone uses your normal 3G connection. To turn off Wi-Fi, go to Settings -> Wi-Fi -> OFF. Or, just enter your Wi-Fi password XXXXX Safari, confirm you can get out to the internet from your phone, and proceed with re-adding your AOL account.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ta dah!! everything is back up thank you .............. I will be sending BT the bill. They replaced the telegraph pole on Friday. Everything was working and it all stopped today!

Great to hear the issue is resolved. Please rate my answer using one of the smiley faces below. Thank you!