Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  10+ years in hardware/software experience

The different calendars on my computer, iPad and iPhone are

The different calendars on my computer, iPad and iPhone are making me crazy. I have a Google calendar on my PC. On my iPad I have an Exchange calendar which is checked, and an iCloud calendar which is not checked. On my Iphone I have options for Exchange, iCloud and Subscribed calendars for me and for my husband. How can I just get down to one calendar which appears on all three devices?
Thank you for the question. The purpose of the iCloud calendar is to satisfy the request you are making. It allows you to see the same calendar entries on any device where you are signed in with the same Apple ID. This would apply to any iPhone, iPad, Mac, or PC as long as you install the iCloud control panel on your PC. Any entry you add to your iCloud calendar should show up on all devices that are using it.

Please let me know if you have any questions on this configuration and I will be happy to assist further. Thanks again!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The main device I use for making calendar entries is my PC which runs a Google calendar. I have gone to the iCloud control panel and checked "Calendars and Tasks with Outlook," but I still have a huge number of entries which I made over the weekend which are on my iPhone but not on my iPad or computer. On the computer, when I go to My Calendars, I do not see anything about the iCloud. Is this because Google and Apple are incompatible?

Yes, the key is signing in to each device with the same Apple ID that the entries were made to the iCloud calendar with. The Google calendar will not integrate with iCloud, so any entries made to the Google calendar need to be viewed on the PC or on the Google app for iPad. So from what we've discussed so far, you have two choices:

1) Use iCloud calendars. Any device that you are signed in with using your Apple ID will show the entries from your iCloud calendar. You can also see your Calendar by logging in to from a computer to view/add/modify calendar entries. Your Google calendar entries will not show up using this method.

2) Use Google Calendar. You can keep using your Google calendar, however you'll need to download the "Google" app on your iPhone and/or iPad in order to access it. Once you download the Google App, launch it, tap "Apps" and you'll see the Calendar. The disadvantage to using this is that the normal "Calendar" app on your iPad/iPhone will not show the Google calendar entries.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks again!