Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  10+ years in hardware/software experience
8287049

macbook pro was working perfectly yesterday, left it overnight,

macbook pro was working perfectly yesterday, left it overnight, and today battery is dead. has been plugged in for hours but the charge light isn't coming on and the computer will not turn on or anything, i have no idea what to do
Thank you for the question. It sounds to me like the issue could just be the adapter that charges the battery (rather than the battery or Macbook Pro itself). If the adapter died over night, it would have stopped charging the Macbook Pro, and the battery likely drained from not being plugged in (to a working charger), causing the machine to shut down. I would certainly suggest just getting a new MacBook Pro charger before anything else, or even just testing a charger at an Apple Store, as that is the likely cause and the cheapest solution to your problem. Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to assist further. Thanks again!