Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  10+ years in hardware/software experience
8287049

My iPhone glass needs to be replaced. Where do I take my phone?

My iPhone glass needs to be replaced. Where do I take my phone? Do I need an appointment?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the question. We cannot ship you a glass replacement but can only provide instructions on where to take your phone or how to order the replacement part yourself. Please let me know how you would like to proceed. Thank you,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Where should I take my phone?

What model phone is it and when was it purchased?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Look. I dropped it a couple of days ago and have not had time to deal with it until today.

Do I take it to the Genius Bar in the store or what?

I was asking what model phone it is and when it was purchased so that I can direct you to the right place. If it is older, you'll need to send it out for repair, but if it was just purchased recently, you can take it in to the Apple Store. You'll need to convince them that the phone was damaged in an unfortunate circumstance that you could not avoid, as they have the power to offer you a free replacement screen if they feel you could not have avoided the damage. For example, your child knocked the phone off your belt clip and the glass smashed from being dropped only a short distance. Otherwise, it is costly to pay for a replacement at the Apple Store (up to $200) and you may want to seek a third party replacement service if Apple will not offer you the free replacement. I wish you luck, please let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to assist further. Thanks again!
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience: 10+ years in hardware/software experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was not scrolling down the screen to read your question.

My phone was purchased early this year. It is a 4s or something model with Verison. I was putting my phone into my truck and it slide off the seat and dropped to the concrete in my garage. I have had other iPhone models and never had a problem like this previously so I have never had an iPhone serviced. I gave the older model to my grandchildren to play games on.

I want to get it fixed this weekend as it is difficult to read through the cracked glass.

No problem. Yes, I would suggest going to the Apple Store to convince them to give you the free replacement, making sure you try to explain how this was a situation out of your control. I'm not saying to lie about the problem, but perhaps explain the combination of circumstances that caused the phone to break (the slick surface of the phone on the seat, the concrete, etc...). Again, best of luck. Let me know if there is something else I can do. Thanks again!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ben,

Thank you very much for your answer. I wasn't prepared for all of the mechanics for getting help. I will try to get an appointment with the genius bar this weekend.

I do have a larger problem with my MacBook Air and would like to tell you the problem at a later time.

Thanks.

Pat

Sure, feel free to request me on your next question by asking the question on my profile page. I have a Macbook Air here too, so am well prepared to help with any kind of hands on service you might need. Thanks again!