David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional
39216975

RA hs

Customer Question

After an OS update from Apple, MacBook Pro won't boot, grey screen come up, hour glas keeps spinning, but OS never comes up
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 4 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions.

Do you mean to say it actually does boot OK when using Safe Mode?

It only does not boot normally?

Thanks in advance,
David.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It does not boot in safe mode.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have been having this problem for almost 24 hours now. Yesterday I was able to reboot in safe mode once. After I rebooted in safe mode , I restarted the laptop since then. I was never able to reboot the machine even in safe mode. I am very frustrated at this point.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Also I tried to reset the NVRAM, (Command, Option, P, R) the problem is still there

Expert:  David replied 4 years ago.

You will need to reinstall the OS. Do you have the discs that came with your Mac?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't have installation disk with me. Is that the solution.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This is very frustrating

Expert:  David replied 4 years ago.

I understand your frustration, thanks for your patience! Yes because Safe Mode doesn't work. The only other possibility is that there is a defective peripheral connected.

Safe anode starts minimal Mac OS X, and repairs the disk structure. Tat has not worked, so no Single User steps apply here.

To use the discs to reinstall does not mean you lose any of your data, Mac OS X is designed to reinstall just the OS files, leaving all your data in place.

If you have any specific questions I will be glad to follow up and help.

Kind regards,
David.

Expert:  David replied 4 years ago.
Hi Philippe,

You rated my answer as poor service and I was wondering why. I can continue to help you when you do get the discs.

If you are upset about the issue, then I understand. But if there is something wrong with my answer I would like to have a reason so I can correct it. Please give me the right to respond.

Kind regards,
David.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Re-installing is not helping or solving the problems.

Expert:  David replied 4 years ago.

Have you done that? I need to know if you have tried that already before I can give an expert answer.

If there is another reason why you think the service is poor I would like to know.

Sincerely,
David.