David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional
39216975

I have a new iPad and set it up independent of any other computer

Customer Question

I have a new iPad and set it up independent of any other computer etc. it says its not verified but won't let me open mail just sends me back to iCloud which says I am already known to this IPad Any advise chrissie Fudge
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 4 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions.

First you should open www.icloud.com and complete the setup. You can also login there and check your email.

If there are any problems please get back to me.

Kind regards,
David.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When I go into settings icloud it says acc not verified check email when I go to this it says this icloud account has already been added to you iPad and I can't get the email which will enable me to verify
Expert:  David replied 4 years ago.

This sounds frustrating, hopefully it can be solved.

When you go to iCloud in Settings, it says the account is not verified.

When you go to www.icloud.com it says you need to check your email for the verification email.

Can you get into your email at www.icloud.com or have you tried opening Mail on your iPad?
H
Tanks in advance,
David.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I have tried all of these and it takes me back to the same answer. Yes it's very frustrating
Expert:  David replied 4 years ago.

It sounds very frustrating! Do you have access to a computer that you can check your email on?

What happens when you open the Mail app on the iPad?

Thanks in advance,
David.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Tried on my computer and it says not verified. When I open mail on my iPad I get the screen with icloud and a list of other mail accounts I go into icloud where it asks for Apple ID etc which I give then get same [email protected] is already added. This iclod account has already been added to your iPad.
Expert:  David replied 4 years ago.

This sounds very strange. First go to myinfo.apple.com and check that you can log in.

Then, you should be able to receive email on either the computer or iPad. Try both in an email application on both, and through iCloud.com

Regards,
David.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have successfully bought from the app store so I know this is working.
Expert:  David replied 4 years ago.

Have you gone to Settings -> Software Update yet? If not then I think trying to connect it to iTunes is the only way forward. For that you will need the iPad cable and the latest iTunes on your computer.

Sincerely,
David.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The computer I have access too has iTunes but a different account to my iPad does this matter? I have updated software
Expert:  David replied 4 years ago.

You should sign in with your account on the computer first, then attach the iPad.

Regards,
David.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry I have not been back to you earlier our wi-fi has been down! The computer will not let me open a second iTunes using my apple ID it says it's not valid
Expert:  David replied 4 years ago.

Sorry for the delay. The next step is to open iTunes on the computer, and select the iTunes Store on the left. Then click the username in the top right, sign out, and sign in with your second Apple ID.

Kind regards,
David.

Expert:  David replied 4 years ago.
Hi Chrissie,

Has any progress been made?

Regards,
David.