Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.

ra-mc

Customer Question

I can no longer save Google images (example: Redwood trees) to my iPad photos......I could save them in the past.....I must have changed some setting, can you help me fix this? Sherith
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 year ago.

Did you reboot the iPad: press and hold both the Power button and the Home button together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When I went to save an image there was a screen that popped up saying Google wanted to access my photos....I think I goofed and said No instead of Yes.....

What is the Home button?

It's the button in the front at the bottom; please click on the image at

If needed, can you go to settings in that app/window, and check the location, etc. setting to allow?

Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Rebooting the iPad has not changed any thing, I still cannot save images, and I'm not sure what you mean by Go to settings in that app/window and check location setting to allow.......please help....I'm lost!

Do you save images from Safari, or another app? Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, I go to Google images and look for pictures I like, on the lower right side of the screen is an Option button, I press that and the 1st of three choices is. Save image, I press this and the picture goes in with my photos........there was a screen pop up with a question an I pressed the wrong answer......how do I undo my mistake?...

I'm sorry, I'm not sure about this setting; let me open your question to other Professionals. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When will I get an answer or info?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcomed to JustAnswer.com.

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your issues.

You might want to clear Safari's settings and cache as follow:

1. First go to Settings.
  2. Select Safari.
  3. Tap Clear History.
  4. Tap Clear Cookies and data
  5. When done, try to open Safari and go to Google Images to see if you can save photos now.

If that does not work, please do a full Safari reset. Note: This will erase your bookmarks.

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Select Safari
  3. Tap Clear History
  4. Tap Clear Cookies and data
  5. Tap Advanced
  6. Tap Website Data
  7. Tap Remove all website data.
  8. Your Safari settings is reset! Test to see if you can save images now.

Please let me know if this answer will work out. If not, PLEASE DO NOT RATE MY ANSWER YET! Reply to me by clicking on the Reply to Expert button so we can continue to work on this issue.

If my answer worked, please rate my answer GOOD SERVICE or EXCELLENT SERVICE. Tips and bonus are VERY APPRECIATED! Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't go to Safari to save images.....I tried your 1st suggestion and it did not work......I went to Google, I typed in Avenue of the Giants, I touched Images and scrolled thru, saw one I liked and clicked on that picture, it enlarged and in the lower right there is Options......I think Google put up a blue sign saying they wanted to access my photos (to add this picture to my camera roll) and I said No when I should have said Yse......please help....

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply.

Please verify a bit for me.

Do you have Google Search?

How do you go to Google? If you are at Home screen, what do you tap to search go to Google?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have the blue Google app on my iPad......and that gives me the Google home page, just like on my computer...

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much.

One quick way is to delete the Google app and then add it back from Appstore.

First, tap and hold Google app for 2-3 seconds. The icons will shake. Tap the x on Google app. Confirm to delete. When done, tap Home button. Go to Appstore and download Google app back.

Now open Google app, try to save the images to see if you can.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Sherith,

So that did not work?

Please bookmark this page before doing any more work. Save to your computer's Favorites or Bookmarks.

On your iPad, please do a quick settings reset as follow:

On your ipad, go to Settings->General->Reset->Reset all settings (1st option). Your iphone will be restarted and you will be prompted to configure Language, Wifi, Location Service and iCloud. Then test your issue with saving Google images again.