Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.

When I try to open firefox, I get the message server not f

Customer Question

When I try to open firefox, I get the message server not found.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is XXXX XXX I am glad to assist you today.

Can you please tell me what you wanted to accomplish with the Preference section of Firefox?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It was recommended to open the preference section to ficx this problem. the application firefox does not connect to www.google.com. We get the message Server not found.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Kenyon,

What problem were you trying to fix that time? Is it still this problem about Firefox NOT connecting to any site?

Please test your internet connection. Click Start => All Programs => Accessories => Command Prompt.

In the black box, type: ping google.com
Then press Enter

Are you getting a reply or timeout?

Let me know.
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't think it is an internet connection problem. Safari, for example, works just fine. What is the black box?

,

It was recommended to open the preference section to ficx this problem. the application firefox does not connect to www.google.com.  We get the message Server not found.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Kenyon,

Are you using Windows XP, Vista or 7?
Or are you using Mac?

Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We have a Mac computer

,

I don't think it is an internet connection problem.  Safari, for example, works just fine. What is the black box?

,

It was recommended to open the preference section to ficx this problem. the application firefox does not connect to www.google.com.  We get the message Server not found.</p

I do not know, what else to say. I hoped that you would be familiar with this problem and you could help me. Let me know, wether you are able to be of help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

,

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Kenyon,

I need to opt out since I don't use Mac here, only windows.

Please wait for other experts to join you here.

Regards,
Jess
Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome,

My name is XXXX. X will assist you with your issues.

Please reset Firefox as follow:

Reset Firefox settings:(Note: This will also reset your homepage and clear sites recently visited. First please bookmark this page. Ctrl + D to add to bookmarks).

1. Go to Firefox Menu and select Preferences.
  2. Go to Advanced->Network.
  3. Under Offline Storage, click Clear Now.
  4. Then click Settings for Connections. Select Auto detect proxy settings.
  5. Go to Privacy and click Clear your recent history. Make sure to uncheck Bookmarks and saved passwords and click Clear Now.
  6. Then click OK and exit Firefox.
  7. Open Firefox and see if it will display your websites.

Please let me know if this answer will work out. If not, PLEASE DO NOT RATE MY ANSWER YET! Reply to me by clicking on the Reply to Expert button so we can continue to work on this issue.

If my answer worked, please rate my answer GOOD SERVICE or EXCELLENT SERVICE. Tips and bonus are VERY APPRECIATED! Thank you!