Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

i have 3 apps that just say waiting on my ipad 2..cant get

Customer Question

i have 3 apps that just say waiting on my ipad 2..cant get them off or to download or restart nothing
Category: Mac
Expert:  CompExpert replied 2 years ago.

CompExpert :

hi,
have you try to reboot your ipad by holding both power and home button for 10 seconds. remember to only release both button after 10 seconds then your ipad will reboot.

after that log back in and see if you problem is fix or not.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate bad or poor service, please stop and click on the "Reply to Expert" link with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Thank you,

Customer :

i have tried this and it didnt work..apps still on page and still say waiting

Customer :

hello

CompExpert :

what iso version do you have on your ipad?

Customer :

ios 6

CompExpert :

go to settings --->> general ---> usage --->> check and see if the app is on the the list

CompExpert :

if yes, tap on it and remove it

Customer :

no they are not

CompExpert :

and of course you did download the app from itunes on your computer and sync over is that correct?

Customer :

that is correct

Customer :

at one point they two apps i downloaded from itunes and computer said installing but then just went back to waiting

CompExpert :

go to settings > iTunes & App Stores, then clicked on Apple ID > Sign Out, then hold both power and home for 10 seconds, ipad will reboot then log back in again

Customer :

ok

CompExpert :

after log back in, go to app store and see if you can redownload your app again

Customer :

via ipad or through my computer

CompExpert :

ipad

Customer :

no.. still says installing

CompExpert :

can you delete the app that still waiting by tap and hold it for 3 seconds, all icon will wiggle and tap "x" mark to remove it

Customer :

they wiggle but do not show a x to delete the icon.. nor can i delete them when syncd to my mac in itunes.. wait well i can delete them via my apps in itunes on compter and did so but still on my ipad screen saying waiting

CompExpert :

after you deleted itunes on your computer try to sync it, see if it can removed it on your ipad

CompExpert :

did you download a lot of apps at the sametime?

Customer :

i did that to just the two apps..flixter and teach me toddler version.. they say installing.. the blue line runs across like they install and then just say installing i cant delete cant pause cant do anything..and dead trigger says waiting now.. so now i have three apps not working..

Customer :

no i did not download a lot of apps at the sametime

CompExpert :

on your ipad, go to settings --->> turn on airplane mode then do the reboot by holding both power and home for 10 seconds. log back in and turn off airplane mode

CompExpert :

see if that solve your problem

Customer :

no it did not work

CompExpert :

the app still on waiting correct, try to do 1 tap on the icon see if it will pause the download

CompExpert :

let me know

Customer :

no..highlights grey and does nothing

Customer :

but yes all three apps still on waiting

CompExpert :

waiting app should able to pause or delete it, seem like there might be a corruption somewhere on the ios 6.

you might have to restore your ipad, just plugged in to your computer, select your ipad name from itunes window then click on the restore button

Customer :

do i want to back up..

CompExpert :

your music and app should be already backup on itunes when you synced it.

for pictures you might have to back those up either with icloud or drag and drop to your desktop.

CompExpert :

do you have something important that you need to backup?

Customer :

so am i getting charged 43 dollars for you to come to the conclusion of just restoring my ipad back to factory settings

Customer :

cause to me i could of come to that conclusion..

CompExpert :

basically we have try all available troubleshooting to solve your problem but it seem like the only way to fix it is to restore your ipad.

why dont I opted out and open this question to other expert they might have a better solution for your problem.

CompExpert :

thank you for your patience

Customer :

i would like a refund and to cancel my subscription..

Customer :

i will just call apple in the morning .. what is the process

Customer :

the process in getting a refund and canceling subscription

CompExpert :

let me closed this question for you.

if you want to cancel your account please email customer support by click on the "help"

Customer :

ok how do i get a refund