CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience:  Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified
63903440

I got a message on my ipad to update to IOS6 so i did without

I got a message on my ipad to update to IOS6 so i did without using my ipad id and my ipad installed the ios6 and it left on the screen a message "checking process", I ran the battery down to 0% and then plugged it back in. Now on the screen is a picture of a usb plug and the itunes music symbol and the ipad won't turn on. I have it plugged into my pc right now to see if it is looking for itunes?? HELP

CompExpert :

hi,
your ipad might be running out of battery power.
just plugged in the charger for about 10 minutes; after that hold both power (top right) and home (middle round) buttons for 10 seconds then release it. Your ipad will reboot itself and turn on again.

if you have the plugged in itunes icon on your ipad, you have to plugged in the computer and open itunes to restore your ipad.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate bad or poor service, please stop and click on the "Reply to Expert" link with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Thank you,

Customer:

yES the itunes icon did come up again and I'll try and run the ipad thru my computor(windows)

Customer:

My computor won't take the itunes or apple, I get a message of Apple mobility device(recovery mode)

CompExpert :

do you have a windows pc or mac?

CompExpert :

uninstalled itunes software first then go to link below and reinstall itunes software

CompExpert :

http://www.apple.com/itunes/

CompExpert :

after reinstall itunes software go ahead and do the restore for your ipad

CompExpert :

after restore your ipad on your windows machine, the ipad should be back in working order again

CompExpert :

I'll be on standby, if you're

running into problem please let me know.

Customer:

I'm trying to install itunes and then reboot, it is trying to install,

CompExpert :

okay

Customer:

it says it'll take 20 minutes to restore and update my ipad???

CompExpert :

that seem to be correct since itunes have to download ios 6 which is about 800mb