Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

ra - 614

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Mac and installed Mountain Lion recently. I cannot download anything from iTunes b/c I get a message indicating I do not have enough access privileges. I've confirmed that all my music and Itunes folders have both read and write privileges. Any other ideas?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Steve Herrod replied 1 year ago.

Steve Herrod :

Hi, I'll be happy to help with this issue

Steve Herrod :

if you go to Macintosh HD-->Applications-->Utilities-->Disk Utility

Steve Herrod :

and once that loads up can you choose the option to verify and repair permissions to see if that resolves the issue?

Steve Herrod :

Let me know

Steve Herrod :

Cheers

Steve Herrod :

Steve

Customer :

I ran this app and it didn't help.

Steve Herrod :

Thanks - if you go into your Libary folder

Steve Herrod :

the instructions/screenshots are here

Steve Herrod :

and once in there look for a cache folder

Steve Herrod :

if there is an itunescache file move it to the desktop

Steve Herrod :

and then restart itunes and see if you get the same error

Steve Herrod :

Let me know

Steve Herrod :

Cheers

Steve Herrod :

Steve

Customer :

I couldnt find an itunescache file. I moved the entire Cache folder over to desktop but still didnt work.

Steve Herrod :

Ok, I am going to have to opt out for another expert as I have a few appointments now

Steve Herrod :

You should get a message when they are available

Customer :

ok thanks

Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I called Apple and it was a 20 second fix.

I just noticed you charged me another $1 on top of my $12. I did not authorize anything over $12. Please don't make me call my credit card's fraud division.