Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

I have an iPhone 4s, just went to IOS 6, run iCloud daily.

I have an iPhone 4s, just went to IOS 6, run iCloud daily. all was working well on iPhone, then suddenly this morning i could not send emails on my phone. my macbook pro works fine. error message on phone: "a copy has been placed in your outbox. the sender address "XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX" was rejected by the server....keep in mind, i did not touch or change anything???? help.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

In prodder of things to try.
Reset the iPhone.

To reset the iPhone press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons down until the Apple appears, ignore all other screens, then let go.
graphic
This does a system reset much like a restart of your computer does.

If that fails, quit the Mail app, do this by double tapping the Home button so you get a row of apps along the bottom of the screen.
Hold your finger on one until it wiggles and a red - appears.
Tap the minus to quit the app, it will not delete it.

If that does not bear fruit then delete the SMTP info and reenter it.
If that fails then delete the account from the iPhone and recreate it.
Use the same info on your computer.

If that all fails then please let me know.
Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok. i will go through the sequence of your suggestions and let you know if it clears the problem up.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry, where do i find the smtp info??

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
That will be in settings/mail, then select that account. Keep looking at things and you will find those settings.
This will help a lot it being the manual that should but doesn't come when you get the phone.

iPhone iOS5

If the iOS 6 manual were available I would send that, there isn't any difference with what we are doing.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok. i will try to find.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Look in Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Then this is on page 55 of the manual.
graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

very good. that will help me. Thanks.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Please keep me posted.