Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I keep getting this messageThe server did not recognize your

I keep getting this messageThe server did not recognize your user name or password XXXXX account “Home.” Make sure you enter them correctly.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Go to System Preferences/ Mail, Contacts & Calendars, what accounts are listed there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is no mail under system preferences

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

10.6.8 version, 3.06GHz intel core 2 duo and 4 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 memory

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
OK open iCal click on Calendars do you see one named Home?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Ok go to iCal / Preferences / Accounts if you know what the account is put in the correct username and password XXXXX not you can delete it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay, I deleted it

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Ok then you should be OK.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

But now I've lost half the stuff I had on my calendar

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
I thought you didn't recognize it? What calendar were you using? Who is your email provider?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

gmail

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
OK then I assume that was your gmail calendar you should have put in your user and password XXXXX Go back to iCal / Preferences / Accounts and add it back with the plus sign. Let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Am I suppose to use the same user name and password XXXXX use to log into gmail? If so, it's not working.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Yes, unless you have more than one account, go to gmail.com and sign in with that user/pass do you see your calendar there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The calendar server options are giving me a message that says:

The account information was not found. The host 'gamil.com" is not a WebDav server.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Are you referring to iCal or gmail.com with a web browser. gmail.com right not gamil.com?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was typing too fast. It's gmail

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
In iCal you should click on Account Type / then Google, see picture:

graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I get: Authentication failed. Your username and password XXXXX rejected by the server

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Did you go to gmail.com earlier was your calendar there you never said?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok, sorry I didn't answer that. I just tried to look and when I logged into gmail I got into email but when I click on ical I get a message that says

To view this page, you must log in to area “MMCalDav” on www.google.com:443.

amd there is a space for Name and password XXXXX my gmail username and password XXXXX not working

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
There should be no "iCal" on gmail.com just click on Calendar
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
You calendar at gmail.com should look like this:

graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I click on it, it won't even open this error message just pops up:

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Go to Safari / Reset Safari check all boxes and Reset.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Then go to Applications / Utilities open Keychain Acccess delete any gmail keychains then try gmail.com again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't know what happened but before you got back to me it started to work correctly. Who know??? So hopefully I won't get 5 error messages anymore.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
OK great!!!

If you are satisfied, please kindly Accept and provide OK Rating - or Above. Thanks. If not please Reply to Expert and let me know, I am here until we can fix the problem.
Mike, Mac Medic
Experience: Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.