CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience:  Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified

My iMac OSX 10.7.5 wont start. I was using it when the screen

My iMac OSX 10.7.5 won't start. I was using it when the screen started to flutter and continued. I went to restart, clicker and the screen went black and stayed there. It will not start up. All power is lost. I have checked all power connections. They are ok. Please suggest a fix. I have an appointment tomorrow at the apple store.
does the imac have any sign of power, like led light, noise from fan, hard drive clicking?

try to reset the pram ( power system) on your imac by follow the step below:

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
  3. Turn on the computer.
  4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.
  5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
  6. Release the keys.

if after pram and you system still wont turn on then the problem is the power supply on your imac is dead and need replacement.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate bad or poor service, please stop and click on the "Reply to Expert" link with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Nothing,no red light, grey screen or startup. just a black screen.
Thank you for your advice. Conforms a power problem. I'm off to my apple genius for repair.

Hi Harry,

thats definitely a hardware problem on the Imac internal power supply. Apple Store should replaced it for without any problem.

you're welcome, please rate my service to you and have a wonderful evening.