CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience:  Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified
63903440

can you uninstall OSX mountain lion from your laptop

Category: Mac
Expert:  CompExpert replied 1 year ago.

CompExpert :

hi,
the only way to uninstall osx mountain lion is to format (erased) your internal hard drive and reinstall your old operating system the mac osx installation disc. make sure to backup your data to a external usb hard drive before doing this.

here is how:

1.if you have leopard 10.5 or snow leopard 10.6 you will need osx installation disc
2.insert installation into dvd drive and power off your computer, power on your computer again right away hold down C key, keep holding it
3.until you get to a language screen, click the right arrow to passed it.
4.on the next screen, look at the top menu, you will see the word "utilities" --->>> disk utility
5. within disk utility window, select your internal hard drive and select the erase tab then click erase.
6. after completed, closed disk utility window and continue with the installation.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate bad or poor service, please stop and click on the "Reply to Expert" link with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Thank you,

Customer:

I have not received any information to rate anyone

Customer:

ok

CompExpert :

the rating should be on the bottom of your screen

CompExpert :

did you see it?

Customer:

yes what am I suppose to rate

CompExpert :

only rate if I answer your question with okay or above

Customer:

I have to go for a few min

CompExpert :

please rate ok service or above before you go

if you have more question feel free to let me know. thank you

Customer:

I am back

CompExpert :

if there any more question you want to ask me?

CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience: Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified