Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My desktop computer (where all of our songs were) recently

Customer Question

My desktop computer (where all of our songs were) recently fried and we lost all of our music. How can I retrieve music purchased from itunes?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is Ashik and I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

You can redownload all your past purchases from iTunes Store for free using the same account you used to purchase them.

1. Open iTunes on your computer
  2. Sign In to your original account in iTunes Store.
  3. After you've signed in, click Purchased on the right side in the iTunes Store under the QUICK LINKS section.

4. Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here
    View Full Image

Register Here

5. From your Purchased page, click the tab for the content type you're looking for (Music, Movies etc)

6. Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
    View Full Image

Register Here

7. Click Songs or Albums to change the page view and All or "Not in My Library" to view your purchased content that currently is not downloaded on your computer.
  8. Click the download icon to the right of each item to download that item.
  9. That will redownload them to your computer

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you - this seems to be working. Probably no way to get back the songs purchased from iTunes gift cards, right?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay...You should be able to download those too if they are downloaded using same account. Can't you find it ?