Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Customer Question

Entourage has crashed on both my Macs. Is there a new issue and/or fix?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
There is no Registry on Mac computers. Are they both using the same account, same system? What do you mean by "crashed"?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Frozen. Beach ball of death

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
If one is newer go to that computer.

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Click on the first icon in the Dock the "Finder", then click on Go at the top of the screen, you will see a drop down menu, go to Utilities. When that opens double click on the application called Disk Utility. When Disk Utility opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK in green type, then click on Repair Permissions on the left.

Note: If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I did that last week. I mistakenly reported to you that I had repaired the registry.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Ok Permissions also? If so open Word and go to Help / Check for Updates
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, did that too last week

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Can you tell me what you have already done so we don't waste any more time please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I just did. Sorry to waste your time. Never mind, as I will ask elsewhere.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.

Did you rebuild the database? Quit Entourage then hold down the Option key and open Entourage, this will open the Microsoft Database Utility, rebuild the database then quit when done and open Entourage.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Sorry I was not trying to be rude I type too quickly. Let me know