Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

My ipad is asking for a password. "Password XXXXX Enter

Customer Question

My ipad is asking for a password. "Password XXXXX Enter the password XXXXX the exchange account "MSN"" I put in my password (actually everypassword XXXXX know) and it just keeps coming back. I cannot get into any settings, change a password XXXXX cancel the password. Do you have any ideas on how I can move on and use the IPAD?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

Wat is suggested in these cases is to delete that account on the iPad and recreate it using the same info that is on your PC. I mean that something has corrupted and needs reentering.

Or you can try resetting the iPad and see if that clears it up before recreating the account. I would do this first, could save some time.

To reset the iPad press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons down until the Apple appears, ignore all other screens, then let go.
This does a system reset much like a restart of your computer does.

Let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was able to get the Password request off the screen - thankyou. However, now it says i need to load ios6 but it will not allow me to download and install

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
What version of iOS do you have on it now? Look in Settings/General/About this iPad to find out.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Version 5.1.1 (9B206)

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
Then plug into the charger and try again. It sometimes requires external power for these things.
Your iPad should have no issue upgrading to iOS 6.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It is asking for a WI FI connection and now says it is unable to join the network here at the office.

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
Then go to Settings/Wi-Fi, wait for it to find the network, tap that and enter the password. It should connect. If it does not then let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This is a pain! It will not allow me to enter the password. I can go to the screen that says forget this network. How about HTTP Proxy...it says off should it be on manual or auto? The Ip address and the rest are all blank.

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
Forget this network. Then try it again. You may need to reset it one more time.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have tried multiple times to join the network. I am unable to join. I have contacted our IT folks and they are not sure what the problem is. They will work on it tomorrow. They do feel it may be something wrong with the IPAD. My case is not solved as of this moment. You have at least got me to this point but I am still not able to use the IPAD.

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
Assuming that it connected before there is no reason it should not again now.
In Settings/Wi-Fi turn it off then back on and try it.
Is any other device having issues with the wireless?
Is this a closed network? One that you have to type in the name and password for?

You might also try resetting network settings in Settings/General/Reset/Reset Network Settings.

Try that.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I turned WI FI of and back on and tried it. Unable to join network. Then i did the complete reset and same answer. The network shows up and when i click on it i put in the password. I have checked to be sure on caps etc. I am doing everything right but no luck!!

I am leaving this computer until tomorrow. I will try to reconnect when I get home as I am sure I will need to load all the WI FI connections i have for all the locations I am at from time to time! Not sure what the procedure is for not getting this done with you Daniel??

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
Once you get it home see if it connects. I think it will with no problem.
If it does not then a restore might be in order.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you Daniel. How do i get back to you tomorrow?

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
I suggest bookmarking this or send yourself an email with the link in it.
I will be on tomorrow.