John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry

my daughter has dropped her iphone and now the screen has gone

my daughter has dropped her iphone and now the screen has gone white, i have changed the screen and lcd but this does not help, can you advise me on this.
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX self-employed tech, and I'm offering my time in good faith today to provide advice and information.

In many cases, a white screen seen directly after a drop or impact is related directly to the mother board.

Generally if you replace the LCD with a fully functional and tested LCD and you still get a white or flickering screen it means that the mother board or connector on the mother board has been damaged from the fall. The connector in question is the part where the LCD is plugged into the mother board.

I might recommend checking around for a local/online repair shop that offers free estimates. If you wish to do the repair yourself, you can at least get a difinitive diagnosis on the exact part that is still damaged. I would expect a motherboard replacement is required.

Hopefully, this info will answer your question. If you continue to have questions on this topic, do not rate yet, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further.

Thanks and good luck,

NOTE: The site has recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional, and not other factors outside my control. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply To Expert". Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me as a working individual, so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience on this matter.