Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.
63271161

My ipad 2 less than 60 days out of guarantee, has developed

My ipad 2 less than 60 days out of guarantee, has developed a serious fault. It is taking ages to charge the battery and loses battery power very quickly. It shuts down almost immmediately and gives a warning message about temperature and device needs to cool down before using it.
ipad case is not cold to the touch. Apple support say that ipad is Kaput and if I want an ipad I must buy new/refurbished one ar tremendous cost. What is going on here?
David. Isle of Man, UK
Category: Mac
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcomed to JustAnswer.com.

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your issues.

Unfortunately, it seems like your ipad 2's battery is no longer working. You will have the battery replaced. This is a COMMON Battery issue. I have helped many customer like you. They just need the battery replaced and the ipad 2 will work again.

The cost to replace ipad 2 battery is ranged from 100 pounds to 150 pounds. You can go to couple local computer repair shops and ask their prices to replace the battery.

IMPORTANT: PLEASE ONLY RATE MY ANSWER WHEN YOU ARE DONE OR 100% SATISFIED. And remember that YOU ARE RATING MY HELP/SERVICE and not site-issues or the outcome of this question. If my answer worked, please rate 3 or more rating so I can get credit. Tips and bonus are VERY APPRECIATED!

If you have any questions or concerns, DO NOT RATE YET! Please reply to me by click on the REPLY TO EXPERT button. You will be able to work with me and resolve your issue.

Thank you!

Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience: Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for my answer. I think you're right, a new battery may be required. Bear with me until I have been able to have it checked out. Maybe a couple of weeks or more.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Sure David.

IMPORTANT: Before we work on this question, please bookmark this page in case we got cut off, for revisits, and for reference. Windows: Ctrl + D to save to Favorites. Mac: click the + next to address bar or click Bookmarks->add to bookmarks. You can come back by going back to Favorites/Bookmarks and click on the saved link.

Come back and let me know how it went.

Have a great day!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello NicMacExpert.

Thank you for your reply. The problem turned out to much more serious than a battery change. On contacting Apple for a second time I received good service and help. It appears that my ipad has suffered a catastrophic failure and is in the process of being return to Apple for replacement.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks David for your reply.

So this has to be a system board on the iPad. I am glad Apple had helped to get you a replacement.

If you feel that I am helpful, please rate my answer so I can get credit.

If you feel that this question should be cancel and get your refund, please click HERE.

Thanks and have a great weekend!