Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

i tried importing a .pst file contacts to my outlook and gave

i tried importing a .pst file contacts to my outlook and gave me an error. once i exited and tried to log in again, i click on the outlook icon, it loads the above strip (outlook, file etc) but the main window wont load no matter how many times i restart. if i click new, email it loads, i see pop up window when i receive email but the main screen just wont show.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

outlook for .pst. also now it progressed and outlook does not open at all. it hangs and gives me a microsoft error note and asks me to reopen.

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Also what version of OFFICE?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

version 10.7.2

processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3

office 2011

Restart and hold Command and R keys to boot to Recovery HD partition, when it boots select the Disk Utility and Continue. Then select Macintosh HD on the left and first Verify Disk if that is OK Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair Disk.

If all ok reboot and run Software Update, then after reboot again open Word and go to Help / Check for Updates
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

tried all the steps. didn't work though, still outlook doesn't load

OK I didn't say it would. So Verify Disk was OK in green type and then you Repaired Permissions?

Did you update Office too?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes disk was ok and repaired permissions. i am not being able to update office because its not loading. it hangs when launching and gets stuck at the small yellow window "outlook mac 2011 etc etc".

Word too? I said to open Word and go to Help / Check for Updates
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

working fine now, problem fixed. thanks

Ok great!!!

If you are satisfied, please kindly Accept and provide OK Rating - or Above. Thanks. I am still here if you have any problems or questions.
Outlook is working too correct?