John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry

I have an 08 Apple MacBook 13" that currently has MacOS X 10.7.5

I have an 08 Apple MacBook 13" that currently has MacOS X 10.7.5 loaded. I thought I had previously downloaded Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. Is that the current version that I'm running but called something different?
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX self-employed tech, and I'm offering my time in good faith today to provide advice and information.

Is this a late 2008 Aluminum (silver) Macbook or an earlier 2008 model?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Earlier- white

Thanks, Randy.

If you are running a version of OS X 10.7, that is known as "Lion". There is a newer release available (OS X 10.8) called "Mountain Lion" but your MacBook is not compatible with this release.

You should continue to get free updates to OS X 10.7 for as long as Apple releases them but "Lion" will be the end of the road for this particular model of Mac.

Hopefully, this info will answer your question. If you continue to have questions on this topic, do not rate yet, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further.

Thanks and good luck,