Greetings,Please, do not forget to click the Happy face on the bottom of this page and click Submit, if you are satisfied.
You will have to restore the iPad to a base firmware install, which will erase everything on the iPad, but you can later restore the contents of the iPad to a backup that you have on the computer (the same computer you used in the past to sync the phone with):
- Press and hold the top power button until the iPad turns off
- Connect the iPad to the computer that you have been using the phone and iTunes with
- Hold down the HOME button on the front while pressing the Power button (continue holding the home button)
- Continue to hold the HOME button until you see the "Connected to iTunes" message
- In the Summary tab, click Restore and follow the prompts. (THIS WILL ERASE everything on the iPad and make it just as it was when you first purchased the phone).
- Once that is complete, right click the iPad listing in the left panel of the iTunes window
- Choose "Restore from Backup"
- Choose a backup date and restore.
Now your iPad will be back up and have all the restored information from your last sync.Please, keep me updated on the status of your problem if there are any further issues. I will be available to respond.
Please, bookmark the following page if you ever want to work with me directly. Any new questions posted at the following page will be sent directly to me: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-computertechmaster/
Thank you, - Jason