Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

Hi i keep getting audio configeration message also my itunes

Hi i keep getting audio configeration message also my itunes will not play on my pc i have tried all the options offered on the internet including uninstalling and reinstalling itunes but my itunes and movies will njot play

Hello there! Can you verify that you uninstalled the following items exactly as listed( ie from top to bottom).

• iTunes
  • QuickTime
  • Apple Software Update
  • Apple Mobile Device Support
  • Bonjour
  • Apple Application Support
  • Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes exactly as you have listed them

HAve you tried creating a new library? Instruction are below. Also do any other programs have issues with audio like quicktime? The reason i ask is because quicktime is the heart of itunes. So if there is a problem in quicktime then it is also in itunes.

1. If iTunes is running, quit iTunes.
    2. If you are using Windows, hold down the Shift key and from the Start menu and choose All Programs > iTunes > iTunes.
    3. If you are using the Mac, open iTunes and immediately hold down the Option key.
    4. You should see one of the following screens:

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

when i do that the audio configeration message shows

Sorry when you do which one? If it is when you open quicktime then uninstall everything as it is on the list. Then go to the link below and download quicktime sepreatly. Install it then download and install itunes.
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok i will try again

Sounds good ill be here. Please post back with the end results. :)

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi i uninstalled the items in the order you sugested then reinstalled quick time and itunes then the message itunes has detected a problem with audio configeration

Do you have speakers connected and verified that they are working? Can you try headphones? Also can I get the make model of your computer so I can look for an audio driver update.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi yes the speakers are working the make of my pc is Dell dimenhsion 9150

ok download and install this driver for your sound card.

http://tinyurl.com/6opze6n

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok am doing that also when i double click any tune in my itunes liberey the bar does not move acros to show that the tune is being played

Its not gonna attempt to play if it doesnt think there is sound on the computer. Once we get this updated it should play like normal.
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi downloaded the item you sent after it was downloaded an error notice came up setup unable to detect supported product on my system please ensure product is properly installed before running this setup program

Alright try this link instead.

http://tinyurl.com/c5hx5vv

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi same message came up

That driver should of worked thats from dell directly. Can you confirm the model number again please.
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi yes its dimension 9150

Alright well there is 3 different sound cards that came with your machine the link below is to all three. Unless we know which one it will have to be a process of elimination.

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/Product/dimension-9150?s=dhs

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi i have clicked the link what am i to do next ??

On that page there will be a option that says sound. Click download on the sigmatel driver. accept the terms and coniditions then the download will start.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

didnt see sound but did click audio and clicked that to download

Alrighty let me know what happens after it installs.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi got the same message

ok then on to the next one. Below is the download link.

http://tinyurl.com/cwge6g5

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi you havent highlighted the link

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi i have just done exactly what you advised and the first thing that came up after reinstalling was the message itunes has detected a problem with audio configeration

Ok one last time uninstall everything. Then go to start and click run. Then type msconfig and hit enter. Once that is done a window will open like below. Click on the option that says diagnostic start up. Then click apply and click ok you will be asked to reset. do that then install quicktime and then itunes.
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi ok Johny will give it a try

Ok ill be here.
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Johny just tried what you sugested got a message apple sync notifier.exe came up saying unable to find component application failed to start because core foundation.dll was not found

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    Hi are still there