DaniBigApple
DaniBigApple, Mac Genius
Experience:  4+Years Apple Genius Experience Trainer in Apple core applications
66806038

I have a MACBOOK and an iphone (4s). Ive recently installed

I have a MACBOOK and an iphone (4s). I've recently installed "Find my iPhone" on my iphone, but when I go to the System Preferences on my Macbook to look for iCloud (which I imagine I have to do in order to configure it to find my phone if I ever lose it), iCloud does not appear ion the Preferences at all. How do I get iCloud back into my System Preferences?

Thanks, XXXXX

DaniBigApple :

Do you know what version of OSX you are running? You need at least 10.7 to be able to use the iCloud feature with OSX on your computer

Customer:

OK -- I've got 10.6.8. Can I download 10.7?

DaniBigApple :

Yes you can, You should have the APP Store on your system. You can purchase the newest 10.8 though there for $20

DaniBigApple :

Please reference this website to look up software you are using on the OS to make sure its compatabile

http://roaringapps.com/

Customer:

All right -- I'll do that, and then I'll try again with the find-my iphone thing. Thanks! GB