Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

My Macbook pro cannot connect to App Store, it says "connection

My Macbook pro cannot connect to App Store, it says "connection failed". I've tried all of my Apple IDs, I have tried the security settings, there is no parental control. Please assist me in getting able to connect.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 2 years ago.

Hello there! Try the steps below to reset your connection. Then attempt to connect to the app store again.

• Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  • Choose Network from the View menu.
  • Choose New Location from the Location menu.
  • Type a name for your new location, such as Mobile, then click OK. The name of your new location appears in the Location menu. Any changes you make to the Network pane now apply to this location. The previous location ("Automatic" by default) will remain as you left it.
  • Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This did not correct the situation. It still says "Connection Failed" when I attempt to purchase something from the App Store.

Ok try the steps below to reset the apps store prefrences.

Open the Finder. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type this exactly as you see it here:

~/Library/Preferences

Click Go

Move these files from the Preferences folder to the Trash.

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.appstore.plist

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.storeagent.plist

Now do the same for: ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.appstore/Cache.db

Click Go

Move the Cache.db to the Trash.

Try the App Store.

If that still doesnt work try the below steps.

1. Open Key chain access in the Utilities folder
    2. Search for "class 3 public" without quotes
    3. select all the certificates on the list by clicking and holding the cmd key (apple key)
    4. right click selection and choose get info
    5. in the windows that open go one-by-one and click on Trust at the top of the list
    6. From the drop down menu choose "Always trust"
    7. Close window and enter your password XXXXX asked
    8. Repeat for all certificates
    9. Close Key Chain Access
    Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It still has the same response. I did each of those (actually, the key chain was an answer I had previously found when researching this issue). I have reset the computer also following those changes. I can access the app store, but whenever communication is required that goes through username and password, it does not work.

Can you try loging into itunes or on icloud.com to see if it gives you the same password XXXXX?
    Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, those both work.

ok ill go ahead and opt out i am out of ideas.
    Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Want to try this one instead: I get this error all of the time:

The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/CDSDAudioCaptureSupport.kext” was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update.

ok that file is incompatiable. You have to go to your mac hd then System/Library/Extensions once in extensions move the cdsdaudiocapturesupport.kext to your desktop.
    Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay. I did that. Is there anything more I need to do?

No just restart then you can open roxio again shouldnt give u any errors.
    Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
    Experience: 6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support