Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

I have an apple ipad and it said to do an ISO6 update. I pressed

I have an apple ipad and it said to do an ISO6 update. I pressed yes and it is updating it. How long does this take to update? Will I lose my applications that i have on the ipad?

The update will take around 15 minutes to more than an hour - it depends on the speed of your internet.

Just today I did the update (using my 1mbps broadband) and it took just more than an hour to finish the update.

If you are updating from the ipad itself, don't worry, it will not delete anything on the ipad.

However, if you are updating using the computer, and if the apps are not present in your computer, sometimes it might take your apps off. But need not worry, all the apps are safe in the cloud and you can easily download them.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any difficulty.

Thank You
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have an ipad not an ipod. Also my internet is wifi? Does wifi make a difference to how long it takes?

The update process is the same on ipad, iphone and ipod.

It does not make much difference. If you are updating from the ipad, if you go to settings > general > software update, you can find the estimated time remaining.

can you find that?