Lindie-mod
Lindie-mod,
6610965

Help setting up Bunker Hill Security system

Customer Question

I need help setting up my Bunker Hill security system for mobile viewing. I have a mac computer. I can get into both my security system and router, but not sure what the settings should be. 

Category: Mac
Expert:  bbl242003 replied 2 years ago.

Customer:

WELCOME, i would like to chat with you live in order to successfully set this up. I'm online now, please let me know when your ready to get started

Customer :

okay I am ready and online

Expert:  bbl242003 replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Are you online now to help me?

Expert:  bbl242003 replied 2 years ago.
welcome back I will be on and offline throughout the entire day

understand your bunker Hill security system is a DVR system correct?

are your security cameras that go to that system already installed?

do you have video on your screen right now with all camera showing?

please respond back as soon as you do I will see your response to me and will respond accordingly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I have video on my tv screen and have been recording so far. What I need help with is setting it up on my laptop and then also so I can view it when on a different network.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I haven't gotten a response yet the last I seen you were reviewing my response.

Expert:  bbl242003 replied 2 years ago.
turn on your laptop and open up your internet Explorer browser

what's the browser is open type in the IP address for your DVR

it should look something very similar to this 192.168.1.25

the IP address number will differ from 1 Dvr to the next

the ideal thing to do is to set a static IP address for your DVR

this can only be accomplish from within the interface of the DVR system

by turning on your DVR and then running to the setup you will be able to set the IP address

this is the same address that we would be typing into your laptop address bar

once you're able to view the cameras from your laptop we are ready to move to the next step

how to set the IP address static, you will need to turn on your Dvr first and walk through the configuration it's very self explanatory

the IP address that you select for it will be a unique address different from any other IP address on your existing network

I'm standing by for questions, I will be logging on and off to rock entire day, night
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It won't let me install the active X control it says windows has blocked this software because it can't verify the publisher.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay now I got in and can see the cameras on my laptop

Expert:  bbl242003 replied 2 years ago.
excellent we are ready to move to the next stage

from your laptop browser please type the following into your address bar

Whatismyip.org

once you make it to the above website I want you to identify what your external IP address is

please write down your external IP address in a safe location

next we will need to open all applicable ports on your network router and enable port forwarding

please look for your network router name and model number and share that information with me

we will proceed to log onto the interface of the network router and enable port forwarding and open up ports for your DVR system

we will access your network router interface via the web browser

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

okay the ip from the website is 38.109.25.246 and my router is a Linksys E900

Expert:  bbl242003 replied 2 years ago.
192.168.1.1 is the ip address for the network router.

Log onto the interface.

proceed to enable port forwarding

when your neighbor port forwarding will be given more auctions to Open a specific ports

this is the chance to go ahead and open ports 81 , 82, 83 0r others

the ports you open will all depend on where data will be transmitted from and 2 for your DVR system the ports I mentioned are the most common

once you have been able to port forwarding and set reports were going to proceed to reboot your router, after you save the settings on the router should offer you an option to reboot it

we will then check to see which ports if any are open successfully by using the below website

Www.canyouseeme.org
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

okay i keep getting the connection has timed out for the error on that website

Expert:  bbl242003 replied 2 years ago.

you're receiving that error message because you're not directly connected to that network please directly connected either net cable into 1 of the available ports on that router and then into either a desktop or laptop open up Internet Explorer and goto MSN.com once you confirm that you can get to MSN.com please go to the indicated IP address ensure that you type in the complete IP address please respond to me if this error continues do not be afraid to use a different computer to do this process

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

okay I know why I am having an issue I am connected through a modem on a modem if that makes sense the modem that is connected directly to the internet is the GlobeSurfer III I am in it and it shows my connection and allows me to setup port forwarding for my connection

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It asks for a local host and there I can pick from the three people connected to that host with that I assume would be me and then asks for a Protocol and there there is many choices

Expert:  bbl242003 replied 2 years ago.
For the protocol you will want to select tcp for dvr in the name field. For testing purposes our range will be 81 thru 83 ports

Save then reboot then go to canyouseeme.org website enter your port 81 & share the results with me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay sorry for the delay in getting back to you I was working on getting our own internet. Now we have our own internet can you walk me through setting up the security system so I can view it on my mac and so I can view it while at home on my mac or iPad. Thanks

Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I am okay with waiting. Thank you for your help.

Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Rachel

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find another Professional to assist you. Would you like me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for me to close your question at this time?

Thank you for your patience,
Lindie
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes if you could please
Hi

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Lindie

Thank you for your patience,
Lindie