David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc, H.Dip, Apple Certified
39216975

How do I create a group email list from my iPad contact list.

How do I create a group email list from my iPad contact list. And how do I send to all without showing the whole list of recipients? (to: XXXXX XXXXX name; from my email name)
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 2 years ago.

You can mask all recipients email addresses from each other by creating a group and sending to the group, so you are right about that, but you can't create a group on the iPad.

You will need to sync your iPad with your computer and sync the group to your iPad. Create the group in the contacts application first, and when you sync it will be available to you on the iPad.

Please get back to me if you have any questions.

Kindest regards,
David.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I at least write one email and send it individually to each chosen contact from my iPad? My computer is in Arizona and I'm in Minnesota with only my iPad and iPhone. I need to send the same invitation to about 100 people from my contact list. It's for a charity event coming up soon.

I also need to create a new group list from a directory. Same event. Can I do this on a public computer?
Expert:  David replied 2 years ago.

You can't connect the iPad to another computer without erasing and syncing with that computer, so you would lose your contacts.

In Mail you can save a draft, and then you can send it over and over to each individual contact.

First create the email in Mail on the iPad, and click Cancel before you send it. Then you will be asked to Save or Delete the Draft. Save the draft and you will be taken back to the Mail homepage.

From there tap the Mailbox arrow in the top left, and the Drafts mailbox.

Tap the Draft and you can then enter the recipient address and send. You can repeat for every contact you need to.

Kind regards,
David.

If there is any problem please get back to me.

David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: BSc, H.Dip, Apple Certified