Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support

I have a Kobo. I have purchased a book and its in the Kobo

Customer Question

I have a Kobo. I have purchased a book and it's in the Kobo library. However I can't get it to sync. with my Kobo. Can you help? the problem seem to be with my Mac.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 year ago.

1. If possible, turn your eReader off.
  2. Turn it over and locate the small hole on the back.
  3. Unfold a paperclip and slide an end into the hole.
  4. Press gently until you feel a click.
  5. Your eReader should restart.

Note: if there is no small hole, press & hold the power button for about 10 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

If that does not work, please uninstall the Kobo desktop program from the computer, then restart the computer, then download and reinstall it at
http://kobo.com/desktops

If it still does not work,

1. If possible, back up any books or documents that you added to your eReader using Adobe Digital Editions, or that you manually added using your computer. You do not need to back up any books you bought from the Kobo Store.
  2. Press the Home button.
  3. Tap the Settings icon an the top left-hand corner of the screen.
  4. Tap Settings.
  5. Tap Device Information.
  6. Tap Factory Reset.
  7. Tap Reset Now.

To use your eReader after a factory reset you must:

1. Set it up again using the free Kobo Desktop software.
  2. Sync your library to restore any Kobo books you own.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate bad or poor service, please stop and click on the REPLY tab and reply with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have done what you have suggested but to no avail. I still keep getting this message as the book starts downloading to my Kobo,"THE APPLICATION KOBO DESK TOP EDITION QUIT UN-EXPECTANTLY. MAC OS X AND OTHER APPLICATIONS ARE NOT EFFECTED. CHECK RELAUNCH TO LAUNCH APPLICATION AGAIN AND REPORT TO SEND MORE DETAILS TO APPLEOR SEND A REPORT"

Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 1 year ago.

Hello there! Please do the following to fix this issue.

Go to your mac hd icon then to the right there should be a house icon with your user name on it. Click this icon and look for a folder called library. Once inside library look for a folder called prefrences. Move any file that has kobo in it to the desktop. It should look similair to this

com. kobo.Kobo Desktop Edition.plist

Then restart and try to sync again.

Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: 6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I know you are trying, thank you. However I have followed you instructions without any luck.

Sept.14/12. I have solved the problem myself. Please discontinue my 7 day free trial.

If you want to know how I did it let me know.

No problem I am just glad you able to resolve the issue. Thank you for using just answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Where do I find, "accept". I don't see it on my screen.

That would be accept response sorry . Thanks again.